Microsoft Chief Financial Officer Peter Klein has recently announced that Windows 7 has sold 90 million licenses since the October 2009 release, the WindowsBlog reports. As more and more enterprise customers start evaluating and deploying Windows 7, Forrester offered a timely report on lessons learned from Windows 7 early adopters.
- Don’t underestimate the application compatibility challenge.
- Tie the OS upgrade to the natural PC refresh cycle to ensure hardware compatibility.
- Invest in a client management suite to automate the deployment and ongoing management.
- Explore client virtualization as a means to accelerate Windows 7 deployment.
- Don’t overthink training, but shrink the delivery time and get creative.
You can click and download the full report “Lessons Learned from Windows 7 Early Adopters.”