Looking for a great set of resources to get your developers up-to-speed with all the new features in IE8? Need to get a jump start on resolving IE6 compatibility issues?
Take a look at this blog post for some great resources to get you on your way – such as Internet Explorer 8’s enhanced developer tools:
- CSS Tool - that displays various rules defined by style sheets that are loaded by your web pages.
- Script Debugging - using a built-in lightweight debugger that lets you set breakpoints and step through client-side script without leaving Windows Internet Explorer.
- Version mode switching - settings that allow you to switch into different browser modes to test content for standards compliance.
- Profiler - a built-in tool to show where the browser spends most of its time in execution so Web page authors can focus optimizations.
Learn about these other related topics and tools:
- HTML Enhancements / CSS Improvements in Internet Explorer 8
- AJAX Enhancements.
- Web page size reduction.
- Accessibility / ActiveX Improvements.
- Fiddler for web payload debugging.
For IE6 compatibility and migration guidance – be sure to check-out:
Web Site Troubleshooting Guidance: Learning to identify and resolve compatibility issues like the Internet Explorer Team http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/IE8