- Design Considerations for Software plus Services and Cloud Computing, by Jason Hogg (Rob Boucher) et al.
Design patterns for cloud-computing applications.
- Model-Driven SOA with “Oslo”, by César de la Torre Llorente
A shortcut from models to executable code through the next wave of Microsoft modeling technology.
- An Enterprise Architecture Strategy for SOA, by Hatay Tuna
Key concepts, principals, and methods that architects can practically put to work immediately to help their organizations overcome these challenges and lead them through their SOA- implementation journey for better outcomes.
- Enabling Business Capabilities with SOA, by Chris Madrid and Blair Shaw
Methods and technologies to enable an SOA infrastructure to realize business capabilities, gaining increased visibility across the IT landscape.
- Service Registry: A Key Piece for Enhancing Reuse in SOA, by Juan Pablo García-González, Veronica Gacitua-Decar, and Claus Pahl
A strategy for publishing and providing facilities to access services information.
- How the Cloud Stretches the SOA Scope, by Lakshmanan G and Manish Pande
An emerging breed of distributed applications both on-premises and in the Cloud.
- Event-Driven Architecture: SOA Through the Looking Glass, by Udi Dahan
Looking back on the inherent publish/subscribe nature of the business and how this solves thorny issues such as high availability and fault tolerance.
- Is SOA Being Pushed Beyond Its Limits?, by Grace Lewis
Challenges for future service-oriented systems.
This issue is also available as a PDF. Download it here.