Now that you have had time to download the SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010 Beta releases, we want to see some of the great solutions that you are working on. To encourage you and foster some good-natured competition, we’re opening up the contest that we started with the Technical Preview to all users of SharePoint 2010 and InfoPath 2010.
What is the InfoPath team looking for?
We want to see great examples of real-world solutions created using InfoPath and SharePoint 2010. If you have a solution you’re building to solve a business problem for yourself or a customer, and you’re using SharePoint 2010 with InfoPath forms, we want to see it! We’ll use the videos you produce to understand what sort of solutions our customers create, to showcase best practices in our blog or at events, and to give you the recognition you deserve. You could be an InfoPath star!
Don’t stop with the InfoPath form – we’re looking for great examples of integration. For example:
- Use SharePoint workflows to complete your scenario
- Generate Word documents from your InfoPath data using OOXML, and convert to other formats using Word Services
- Interoperate with line of business systems using Business Connectivity Services
- Create Web part portal pages that mash up forms and data using the InfoPath form web part
- Be creative! We want to see great examples of enterprise software that features InfoPath and SharePoint
How do I win the Xbox?
- Build a real-world end to end application using InfoPath 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- Download the Community Clips Recorder from http://communityclips.officelabs.com/
- Record a walkthrough of your solution, showing us how you used InfoPath forms and other Office technologies (5 minutes maximum)
- Submit the finished video to us
Contest is limited to eligible individuals as defined in the official contest rules (link below), and additional limitations may apply. All submissions will be reviewed by the InfoPath team, and prizes will be awarded in several categories, including best overall solution, best video, and best bug.
Please note that only legal residents of the US and Canada are eligible for prizes. However, we’re eager to see videos from everyone, and we will showcase the best videos we receive, regardless of whether you are awarded a prize.
Click here to read the Official Contest Rules.