MICROSOFT INFOPATH 2010 SOLUTION VIDEO CONTEST
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft InfoPath 2010 Technical Beta Solution contest promotion will operate (“Contest”).
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to create a video demo of a business application built by the entrant using Microsoft InfoPath 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. For purposes of this Contest, each video demo you create and submit in the Contest will be called an “entry.” All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria described below to determine the winners of the prizes described below.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on 12/1/2009, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 2/28/2010 (“Entry Period”).
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
· You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, or Canada 18 years of age or older; and
o If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Contest; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following content / technical requirements:
· Demo must be less than 6 minutes in length
· Demo must show an application built by you using at least InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010
· Upon submitting the URL to your demo via email, you must provide a short description (1 or 2 paragraphs) describing your application and the business problem it is designed to solve.
· your entry must be your own original work; and
· your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
· you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
· your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, music, logos, names or images without their express written consent.
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
· is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
· promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
· is obscene or offensive;
· defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
· communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
We reserve the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to y