This tip applies to form designers who want to change the default print margin on a form using InfoPath 2003 since the Service Pack 1 release allows designers to change these properties in design mode from the View Properties dialog.
So, if you do not have the Service Pack 1 installed you can still accomplish this by following these steps:
- Open the form you want to modify in design mode
- From the File menu, chose Extract Form Files…
- Save the document to a folder of your choose. A new, empty folder will allow you to find files easier.
- Locate the folder where you save the files.
- Right-click on the file manifest.xsf and choose Open-With…Notepad
- There will be an <xsf:view> element for each view. Locate the view you would like to define margins for.
- Insert the following XSF definition for margins (the view elements will already exist):
- Save and close manifest.xsf
- Right click again on manifest.xsf and choose Open in Design Mode…
- From the InfoPath design mode, Publish your form so that users can print using your new margins!
Notes: marginUnitsType can contain either in or cm. The rest of the margins are interpreted based on those unit types.