Driver-Driver and Driver-Application Communication

Everybody knows how an application communicates with a driver: call CreateFile to open a handle to the PDO, and use ReadFile(Ex), WriteFile(Ex) and DeviceIoControl to read data, write data or send a control code.

However, what about the opposite? How does a driver send data to an application (whenever it wants)? And how do drivers exchange data? These types of questions come very often in OSR’s NTDEV list, so I found a list of resources that provide answers:

1.  I need a data to develop the driver on the windows.

2. LYSANDER A. LACUNA says:

I AM FROM THE PHILIPPINES AND I WANT TO APPLY AS AN EVENTS DRIVER. THANK YOU

3. dan@osr.com says:

Ilias – just a heads-up that we’re going through and revising/updating some older articles from The NT Insider, and the update to "Sharing Memory Between Drivers and Applications" will be in the next issue (Nov/Dec, shipping in January).  Link will remain the same.

Dan.

4. iliast says:

Thanks for the update Dan. I’ll keep an eye on the NT Insider and go through the article, after the issue is published.

5. prem says:

hi

i am new for the usb device driver coding. i dont know how to start writing the usb device driver coding.

we developed the embedded device(POS). we have to retrive the data from POS device to PC through USB. to communicate with the PC i have to develop the driver.

i am going to develop the driver in VB.net or C#.i am expecting some sample codings regarding usb device driver.

please help me out. thanking you

6. hawk2008 says:

Drivers can not be written in high level languages like VB.net or C#

7. antonio says:

ciao volevo sapere se sai dove trovare i driver per sd per una nashuatec dsm651 grazie

8. ooollalllaaa!!! says:

menedez peripandez creapindower aspergasisosis….. graciuosis….

9. Rafael Contreras says:

Not everybody knows how to do application to driver communication, I am looking exactly for that information. >.>