From the makers of the “XNA Game Studio Beginner’s Guide” DVD’s, the next evolution of Game Development training for Beginners!
Online. Plaintext Searchable Code. Lessons for Design, Art, and Programming. Everything You Need, Free.
Jump in at: http://create.msdn.com/gamedevelopment
Developed in Collaboration With MSDN Channel 9, XNA Game Studio, and App Hub
BITE-SIZED LESSONS, A GREAT SINGLE-SCREEN EXPERIENCE
This combination video and text tutorial set teaches basic 2D game development on Windows, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone 7 using XNA Game Studio 4.0.
• Videos are each less than 5 minutes in length
• Accessible with a web browser, no special installs needed
• All source code is plaintext, easy to copy and paste
• Assets and code projects downloadable for a quick jumpstart
• Downloadable checkpoints throughout to keep learners on track
• Entire experience can be run windowed, side-by-side with Visual Studio
Learn the following lessons in our easy-to-follow chapters:
• Game Design from Start to Finish
• Animated and Static Art Creation
• The Game Loop Explained
• The XNA Content Pipeline
• Rendering Static and Animated Sprites
• Player Input on Windows, Xbox 360, and Phone
• Collision Detection and Response
• Debugging Game Code
• User Interface Design and Rendering
• Sound Playback
• Information on Xbox LIVE Indie Games and Windows Phone Marketplace
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Just browse to: http://create.msdn.com/gamedevelopment
You’ll Find the Link to the Tutorial Right On the Page.
YOU’LL ALSO FIND…
On this new Game Development Page:
• A full “graduation path” for game developers from Beginner to Pro
• Step-by-Step guidance for each level
• Information about Xbox LIVE Indie Games and Windows Phone 7 marketplaces.
• Links to “Going Professional” guidelines and contact points for Xbox LIVE Arcade and Microsoft Game Studios