As you adopt Windows Azure to develop and deploy applications and services, we know that integrating the management of those applications into your customers’ existing management console is an important requirement.
We are pleased to announce the availability of the Release Candidate (RC) of the Monitoring Management Pack (MP) for Windows Azure Applications (version 6.1.7686.0), which can be immediately deployed by customers running System Center Operations Manager 2007 and Operations Manager 2007 R2.
This MP enables Operations Manager customers to monitor the availability and performance of applications that are running on Windows Azure.
The Windows Azure Application MP includes the following capabilities:
- Discovery of Windows Azure applications.
- Determining the status of each role instance.
- Collection and monitoring performance information.
- Collection and monitoring of Windows events.
- Collection and monitoring of the .NET Framework trace messages from each role instance.
- Grooming of performance, event, and .NET Framework trace data from a Windows Azure storage account.
- Changing the number of role instances
Register at Microsoft Platform Ready to receive additional resources and support from Microsoft.