IEAK 10 for Windows 8 now available

Internet Explorer Administration Kit 10 (IEAK 10) for Windows 8 is now available for download at http://ieak.microsoft.com. IEAK 10 simplifies the creation, deployment, and management of customized Internet Explorer 10 packages. IT Professionals can use IEAK 10 to configure the out-of-box Internet Explorer 10 experience for their users and to manage user settings after deploying Internet Explorer 10.

• Kevin Luu, Program Manager, Internet Explorer

1. Steven says:

Does it let you deploy IE10 to your Windows 8 users with Adobe Flash enabled for *****ALL SITES***** in (F.K.A. Metro)?!?!?!?!

Disabling Flash by default was the worst design decision ever… worse that DNT enabled by default (although only just)

2. Macky says:

@Steven, Flash was is not disabled by default on metro. The websites in white-list are allowed to render flash. The real developers know how to submit their website for white-listing. So stop with the FUD already!

3. Jackie wilson says:

I do not know how to install adobe flash player. please help me.

thanks

4. Ken Cox says:

My password had compmirized and changed on both Yahoo and

Explorie

5. @Jackie wilson says:

Open get.adobe.com/flashplayer, uncheck, "Yes, Install…" and click Download Now

6. @Jackie wilson says:

For Silverlight open microsoft.com/getsilverlight

keywords for search: "get silverlight", "get flash"

7. Mason says:

I'm still trying to track it down but IE10 has a bug that can cause a full IE crash when "opening" a select list via mouse/touch or the new keyboard shortcut [spacebar] in both Win7/IE10 and Win8Desktop/IE10 (It might affect Metro too but I have no plans to support Metro period)

Once I have a simplified test case I'll post a link to it here (please for the love of god do not tell me to file a connect issue because like most I refuse to do so).

This bug reminds me that IE testing is really only just on the dawn of being an insane PITA. Testing in 72 IE versions is still going to be a major concern going forward.  paulirish.com/…/browser-market-pollution-iex-is-the-new-ie6

I personally plan to put down rules that I will only support the last 3 released versions of IE. Thus at this point that is only IE10, IE9 & IE8 and IE8 support will die the day IE11 is released, and so on.  I can't deal with supporting broken IE browsers forever.

8. @Mason: What's the stack at the point of your crash? Can you share a DMP on Skydrive or whatnot? blogs.msdn.com/…/collecting-internet-explorer-crash-dumps.aspx

9. sujan chakraborty says:

m so interested explore10.but i dont instal it.

10. Jackie says:

@Mason,

According to http://netmarktshare.com, IE6 has 6.8% browser market-share and IE7 shares 2.8% of the pie.

Imo, Microsoft should give away free Windows 8 tablets to those people who are still using Windows 2000/XP! If someone is using 14 yeas old version of Windows and never upgraded to IE8, you can always display them a pretty sleek message to upgrade their browser. Open this page http://www.ie6countdown.com/join-us.aspx, select the language from dropdown (with unsorted values..) and copy paste the conditional comments code. Its the official way of educating people. 😉

11. athbeach says:

HELP NEW NOTEBOOK  NOT A CHEAP MODEL WAITED FOR EVER TO GET THIS NOW IM SO UPSET I CANT PLAY GAMES ON KING.COM OR POGO OR BIG FISH FIRST BECAUSE OF JAVA NOW CONTINUES TO BE FLASHPLAYER

THIS IS SO UNFAIR SO MICROSOFT PEOPLE PLEASE FIX THIS

12. Toni says:

@athbeach, http://www.king.com games works fine on Win7 with IE10 preview. What is the problem you are facing?

13. Toni says:

You can also play games on http://zone.msn.com 🙂

14. dr or says:

The big question is=when will it work with UAG?

15. athbeach says:

Your post had me laughing out of my chair…

Thanks

16. greegore says:

Anyone know if this is officially supporting IE10 installs on Win7?

The very first 'target platform' prompt only lists Win8 systems.

17. PhistucK says:

@greegore –

Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 has not been officially released yet, only a release preview was released.

So, there is nothing to officially support yet.

18. Gary Alan Jones says: