IE 9.0.7 Available via Windows Update

The June 2012 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer is now available via Windows Update. This security update resolves one publicly disclosed and twelve privately reported vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted Web page using Internet Explorer. An attacker who successfully exploited any of these vulnerabilities could gain the same user rights as the current user. Users whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less impacted than users who operate with administrative user rights.

This security update is rated Critical for Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, and Internet Explorer 9 on Windows clients and Moderate for Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, and Internet Explorer 9 on Windows servers. For more information, see the full bulletin.

Most customers have enabled automatic updating and do not need to take any action. We recommend that customers, who have not enabled automatic updating, enable it (Start Menu, type “Windows Update”). We recommend that administrators, enterprise installations, and end users who want to install this security update manually, apply the update immediately using update management software or by checking for updates using the Microsoft Update service.

—Tyson Storey, Program Manager, Internet Explorer

1. What about Windows Phone IE?

2. Typhoon87 says:

Is bug ID 665694 slated to be fixed in an upcoming update?

3. Anonymous says:

@IE team

Please release  this update in a full download package(x86 & x64).

this is for sharing IE in free download web sites ( best way for IE publicity )

google chrome and firefox or … use of this way.

4. @sony

MS already does it. Here are the Windows 7 links:

32Bit: go.microsoft.com/fwlink

64Bit: go.microsoft.com/fwlink

5. Anonymous says:

Auto loaded the updates and now IE 9 is not responding.  When I remove the updates EI 9 works.  Anyone else have this problem and how do you fix it?

6. Anonymous says:

The exact same problem since the update was auto installed. IE9-32bit stops responding, whereas IE9-64bit does respond but somewhat slower than before.

I have tried same solution and it work, but when I remove the update and ensure that updates are not installed it is installed a every restart of the computer.

The eventually means that we are unable to access our webbanks (the IE-64bit interface cannot be used for that access).

7. ieblog says:

Folks having trouble with the latest IE9 update: Please file detailed issue reports at connect.microsoft.com/ie. This will help us diagnose the problem. Ignore that Connect talks about IE10 feedback; just be clear about the version you're reporting.

Thanks.

8. Anonymous says:

It seems that the technicians that took a look at the problem cannot reproduce the problem and thus closed the case…..

so what to do. Any solutions?

9. I am still expecting to see an IE9 update for the UI portion. On Windows 7, the back navigation arrow is a little cut off at the bottom. It does a little bother me:) Hope that could get fixed some time.

10. Anonymous says:

Hi. Pls help me I am having issues with IE9 closing after an update I think and it clsoes so frequestly that its almost impossibelt o work on it. I need help to get issue resolved I cant restore it as i have too much stuff already and it will update it automatically and you have to help me because it was working fine and i have tried manythings but cant see anythign which si helping me. pls help me its very urgent.