June Chat with the Internet Explorer team on Thursday

Join members of the Internet Explorer team for an Expert Zone chat this Thursday, June 18th at 10.00 PST/17.00 UTC. These chats are a great opportunity to have your questions answered by members of the IE product team. Thank you to all who have attended our previous chats!

If you can’t join us live, the transcript for all chats are available here.

Thanks!  See you Thursday.

Allison Burnett
Program Manager

1. qualitydirectory says:

I can’t miss this opportunity to go to this chat session. And I will write down all the questions I want to ask the team on a piece of paper, to make it handy.

2. Mohammad says:

I’ll be there :)

I don’t have many questions  :)

thanks for ur time

3. gunther says:

@Quality Directory – hope to see you there! Keep that piece of paper handy because the IE chat application won’t let you paste questions or code into the chat (known bug they have no intention to fix since it was disclosed in the IE7 beta chats)

Sad really.  They claim to be so open to open standards, moving the web forward and being transparent but they fail at every step along the way with obstacles, delays and marketing fluff.

4. Join members of the Internet Explorer team for an Expert Zone chat this Thursday, June 18th at 10.00

5. Olivier says:

I’ve using ie8 since a few weeks now & i believe it’s the first version of ie i like since … so many years.

Congrats for you work 😉

6. dlh2009 says:

For the past few weeks I have been messing around with many different web browers. One of the web browers that I particularly like is Apple’s Safari. It loads fast, has a clean and simple interface. Now, I want to know why Microsoft is allowing Apple to get ahead on speed, features, and web standards. I also want to know why Microsoft doesn’t use an open source rendering engine instead of theirs. Open source engines seem to be up with the web standards a lot faster than IE. Firefox and Safari are good examples of this. If I was Microsoft I would think about switching to an open source rendering engine or simply scrapping IE for a open source browser.

7. Kiran says:

Willing to join for chat. IE8 is good one, but certainly needs some more improvements.

8. Rob says:

I’d love to know their comments on the following: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeresig/sets/72157619870137650/detail/

9. steve says:

@Rob – interesting indeed. Nothing like verbally bashing the competition when the rest of the world doesn’t think IE is up to par.

The Epic Fail when you view the page in IE8 is classic. Force IE7 rendering when you want IE8 usage – way to go!

PS on the other hand I wouldn’t mind winning 10 grand. any chance this will open up to the non-Australian population?

10. We must have asked about bugs and security problems at IE 8

11. mark adelman says:

you all kill me ie8 is fine but how about making it color aware!.

what a joke it can’t recognize icc profiles.

view and see.

sickening to me an avid microsoft user.

12. GP_IE_develop says:

I’ll be surely there…I need to ask about IE8 Inprivate features and its API for .NET

13. Geld lenen says:

I will be there, have some questions about security options on IE.

14. Yes, it can’t recognize icc profiles, that is quite distirbing to me too!

15. Rob says:

While they’re at it, howabout some of this utterly partisan FUD:

Not that most people use IE because of Microsoft’s comparisons, they use it because it’s installed already and no kind soul’s taken the time to introduce them to Firefox. It’s just a bit annoying how stupid those comparisons are, and I wondered if the dev team also had the freedom to admit to finding them annoying.

16. EricLaw says:

@Rob: I don’t see how a checklist is going to inspire any fear. I agree that it might inspire some uncertainty and doubt in those that only tend to hear the unsubstantiated claims of browser zealots who prefer another browser.  That’s the point of the chart– to get folks to do some research and get the facts for themselves.

17. James says:

@Rob:"partisan FUD"?

It’s PR; not FUD. There’s no statements there saying "Firefox might corrupt your system!" – it’s simply PR saying "IE is better than Firefox & Chrome."

partisan – an ardent and enthusiastic supporter of some person or activity

I kind of expect & hope that Microsoft IS an enthusiastic supporter of their browser. I would hope that Mozilla is of theirs and Apple of theirs, etc.

Did you actually expect MS to post Firefox and Chrome advertisements on their website though? Do Google and Mozilla have advertisements & PR pieces in favor of IE on their websites?

Frankly though Firefox extensions and IE webslices are not impressive – I don’t use either. Firefox performs better than IE on old machines with less memory. IE is more compatible with more websites than Firefox. Chrome won’t do NT Authentication at all and I need a 3rd web browser like I need a hole in the head.

18. William J. Edney says:

Microsoft folks –

It’s been almost a week.

Any chance we’ll see the transcript soon?

Cheers,

– Bill

19. William J. Edney says:

Allison –

A few words that you Microsoft folks should see here a bit more often:

Thank you.