Now Available: Internet Explorer 8 MUI packs for Windows XP, Windows Server 03

We are pleased to announce the availability of Internet Explorer 8 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs for Windows XP SP2, Windows XP SP3, and Windows Server 2003 SP2. The MUI packs can be downloaded from here :

As detailed in our previous blog post, the following Internet Explorer MUI packs shipped today –

• Internet Explorer 8 MUI pack applicable to Windows XP x86 and Windows Server 2003 x86 for the following languages –
    • Arabic, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Bulgarian, Croatian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Romanian, Slovenian, Slovakian, Thai
  • Internet Explorer 8 MUI pack applicable to Windows Server 2003 x64 and Windows XP x64 PRO for the following languages –
    • Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese (Brazil)

Note: If you have Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 and OS MUI pack installed, you need to install the English version of Internet Explorer 8 and then install the Internet Explorer 8 MUI pack for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (matching your Operating system and architecture).

Vishwac Sena Kannan – IE International Program Manager
Jatinder Mann – IE Setup Program Manager

1. Jorge says:

Hey! That’s nice! I was looking forward to hearing from you about MUI Packs for Windows XP. It was totally awful switching to another language (Spanish in my case) and see that IE8 was in English. Now I can have a consistent UI across all programs and Windows, thanks!

Best regards!

2. Jagannath says:

What about Indian languages? Especially South Indian Languages.

3. Jeanne says:

I hate, hate, hate IE8!!!! Now I can’t copy/paste on my blog anymore. AND I can’t "go back" to the version I had before.

4. Paul says:

Jeanne: Rather than crying like a small child, why don’t you explain what problem you’re having in enough detail that Microsoft (or your fellow readers) can help fix it for you?

5. Ameland says:

Am I the only one linking Internet Explorer.

6. dijitul says:

I don’t know where else to post Feedback concerning IE8, so I’ll start here.  I’m a bit disappointed IE8 still does not include a way to send feedback to Microsoft directly, but regardless of that, here’s my input:

I don’t know why IE still does not include a way to block specific websites altogether based on user input, nor a way to specify (by site) which features are available.  As an example, there are many sites I do not want FLASH enabled, but not all sites.  There are sites I do not wish Java or ActiveX to kick off, but I want Javascript to run, but not ALL sites.  When will there be a way to configure IE security features and plugins on a PER-SITE basis?  All it requires is a single click and some check boxes:  Yes or No checkboxes to JAVA, JAVASCRIPT, VBSCRIPT, ACTIVEX, FLASH, ETC.  It’s even simple enough for IE to tell me which technologies are being requested for use.  I should also have the option of defaulting to "Allow" or "Deny" by default on new sites.  Sure, not everybody would use this, but it’d be handy for those who do, and would be useful for corporate control.

As it is now, I only get to "Trust" or "Not Trust" sites.  I don’t get to pick which technologies run on individual sites.

Assuming this won’t ever be made available within IE, what third-party applications can help with this?

7. Christian says:

This is rather off-topic, but is there any way to update the version of uniscribe that is used by IE? Office comes with its own, private, updated version of it and earlier versions of IE did the same.

Is there any chance to do the same for IE8? As it is, there are various scripts that office 2003 can handle but IE8 can’t.

8. News says:

We are pleased to announce the availability of Internet Explorer 8 Multilingual User Interface (MUI)

9. David Boelen says:

Great news, I installed the MUI pack, but HOW can I swith to another language interface? Thanks, David

10. GuildWars says:

Is IE8 faster? I have been using some other ones simply because of speed. Has this issue been addressed in IE8?

11. Arlen Dominek says:

I installed IE8 today as part of automatic updates for Windows Vista.

Not only did everything appear to be slower, but I could not sign into my Tivo account to schedule a movie.

Fortunately, I had Safari on my notebook. I opened it up (for the very first time) and successfully scheduled online the recording of a program.

I also used Safari to search for how to de-install IE8, and I found a link on Microsoft.  Microsoft’s ":Fix It" is de-installing IE8 as we speak.

Talk about wasting my time today!

12. EricLaw [MSFT] says:

@Arlen: Sorry to hear you had a bad experience when trying IE8.  Can you be more specific about what happened when you tried to log into the Tivo account?  Thanks!

13. IEBlog says:

We are pleased to announce the availability of Internet Explorer 8 in 20 additional languages today.