IE Blog Offline for a Short Time

The IE blog will be offline for scheduled maintenance beginning at 11:00 AM PST. We don’t anticipate this taking long at all. Thanks for visiting us!

Kristen Kibble
Program Manager

Update: maintenance complete

1. Will says:

Nice to see you back up, wondered why my rss feed was timing out… hehe

2. lee sun sam says:

when shall IE7 be auto-updated?

3. vtondrjc says:

Please use UTC (GMT) as a reference time in your notifications.

Most people are (hopefully) familiar with standard time, not so with "foreign" time zones!

Thanks

4. soon says:

when will you start IE7`s auto-update?

5. james says:

when will you start china,japan,korea IE7`s auto-update?

6. Denise says:

Was wondering when it was going to come back up.

7. Daniels says:

I am a developer and have an issue with js dropdown menus not working in IE7.  In fact, I thought I might learn something from the microsoft code for drop-downs, but yours don’t work in the new explorer, either.  (http://support.microsoft.com/search/Default.aspx?adv=1).

The menus are blocked as pop-ups, even when pop-up blocker is turned off and security settings are low.

I’ve read other complaints about this, but no one seems to know of a fix.  Can you shed some light on how we can develop our pages to be compatible with IE7?

Thanks

8. Adam says:

Maybe when you start posting again you can post something relevant.  Such as where you are at with the AU of IE7.  How many users have downloaded it.  What countries you have started.  You know what this is all about.

9. KeithCash says:

when will IE7 be auto updated.

10. I absolutley hate IE7!!! Another example of Microsoft releasing a piece of software before it’s time. It doesn’t work at all well with XP pro. My company will not upgrade to Vista at this time but this is an abomination. I have begged to go back to IE6 to no avail. Constant crashes within Salesforce. I run many browers at once with this nightmare I can only run half. So this thing is a memory hog I am sure another way to sell memory and PC’s make impossible to run in XP so we all go to Vista! If Alexa ran in Firefox I would never load IE7 again!! Email is walter@fourbrooks.com

11. hahaha says:

You use Salesforce. You use Alexa. You complain about memory hogging apps? Hilarious!