September IE Expert Zone Chat

Just wanted to remind everyone that the IE team will be having our Expert Zone chat on Thursday September 14th at 10.00AM PDT (5.00PM GMT). We’ll also post the transcript shortly after the chat for those of you who can’t make it.

Cheers,

Uche Enuha
Program Manager

1. Anonymous says:

How come we can’t transfer files in IE7 as we could in IE6 or previous…

It was less hassle than using the ftp file transfer programs, All we had to do was open the ftp site and upload or edit the website from IE…

I was waiting for the betas to be finalized and now since we have a Candidate 1 version will this be addressed in future upgrades

2. Anonymous says:

Thanks Uche… this reminder was a good idea. I try to make it to them, but my brains leak information fairly rapidly.

3. Anonymous says:

The ‘Additional Time Zones’ link is broken due to double HTML-encoding.

I won’t be able to make it though next Thursday, but I’m sure you can do very well without my very critical questions.

4. Anonymous says:

@Michael: If you want the folder view for FTP, either start in Windows Explorer, or open the FTP site in IE and choose "Open site in Windows Explorer" from the file menu.

5. Anonymous says:

Hmm, can’t be there.

I hope at least some of these questions will be asked:

* Will there be a RC2 version

* How does Peter Gurevich feel about the comments on his first javscript optimisation post ?

* Could Sharon please explain why someone building free add-on software should add a quite costly certificate to his/her software. Can’t MS give the add-on subbmitters some reward for adding more value to IE by submitting free add-ons ?

6. Anonymous says:

I Have one problem with IE7- When i open new IE Browser , Instead of new IE browser being active the old IE window(already opened) becomes active and i have to click on new Window again to make it active,

Is this problem only for me or any one having same problem

7. Anonymous says:

When can we expect the transcript?

8. Anonymous says:

When?

9. __hAl__ says:

You’d think they woudl be able to get a transcript up in hours rather than weeks…

10. __hAl__ says:

Hmmm, the transcript is up now.

Nobody even asked Chris how his teeth are doing.