MSN Spaces Updated

We got a lot of feedback that people were unable to add photos to their MSN Space using IE7 Beta 2. The MSN Spaces update fixes this issue while adding support for a lot of other cools things, like modules for daily tasks and those including Windows Live Gadgets.

So test it out, upload your photos and keep sending us your feedback.

– Anurag

1. Chris says:

I tried the Beta, seems to work just fine. I love the drop down menus in favorites, far easier to navigate.

I don’t understand the tabs, they were annoying. In IE6 is just open multiple windows. Tabs seeem superfluous.

2. Chris says:

Also, refresh and stop buttons should be next to back buttons for ease of use. I tried to move them but didn’t know how.

3. EricLaw [MSFT] says:

@Chris: You can turn off tabs if you don’t like them.  Click Tools | Internet Options | Tab Settings.

Unfortunately, there’s no option to move refresh and stop.  For what it’s worth, you can use keyboard shortcuts to speed up your browser use.  Hit ESC to stop and F5 to refresh.

4. To Chris: Taste’s differ and opinions too. I, for example, like the current place of these two buttons although I use only Stop btn and F5 for refresh.

I wish there will be a checkbox to select where you want the buttons, before or after the address bar.

5. lee says:

I’ve been trying those new functions of IE7 these days. Basically, they are very good. But i came across a problem with the flash player plug-in in the browser. I have installed the latest Flash player from Adobe, but still, i can’t view those flash effects.eg, i can’t watch the video in MSNBC.COM, cos it keeps asking me to install the flash player which I’ve already installed as proved by the test I’ve run on that Adobe site. I’ve checked the Add-on option which does not have that flash player but the shockwave i installed. can you give some advices to add in the flash player mannually?

6. EricLaw [MSFT] says:

Lee, are you using a 64bit operating system by any chance?

7. JR says:

I haven’t tried IE 7 beta 2 since I’m waiting for Beta 3 but i really like what i see and read so far. I use MSN Explorer 9.2 are there any compatibility issues that i should be aware of. Are there any plan of a better IE download manager like user able to pause and resume download. How does IE 7 beta 2 when running on multiple user accounts enviroments i have several limited account on my computer. are there any annoying feature where user have log in back to administrator in order to change some setting, does Fix My Settings and reset button work on limited account.

8. derek says:

love it, still like mozilla tho but nice

9. Swanny says:

IE7 does not function with Windows Vista. :o(

10. jerry says:

Is there any way to change the way of viewing photos. After I upload many photos, the Slide show take forever to change from pic to pic. and unable to just click the pic directly.

Also, as wide screen computer. the msn spaces waste so many space on right side. is there any chance to fill up those space?

11. PatriotB says:

Swanny… IE7 is already part of Windows Vista.  You can’t download and install it separately.

12. Jim says:

Is there still no supported way to run IE6 and 7 on the same machine? I want to test web sites in 7, but don’t want to risk loosing the ability to also test in 6.

I mostly use other operating systems (don’t hold it against me!) so I only have one Windows computer. What does MS recommend I do?

13. Fduch says:

I have problem with flas too. Adobe says I have it and TYoutube.com says I don’t. I use Windows XP 32bit

14. Mark Fay says:

I like the functions in IE 7. However, it appears to not be releasing memory. Actually, the process continues to run in the Task Manager after I quit the application. This does not happen all of the time – usually when the memory starts getting up there (ie 120M). Is there something that I should set to release memory when I surf from page to page. Doesn’t appear that the number of open pages is the issue, rather that the memory is not released.

15. Mark says:

Bad decision to update MSN Spaces.  Encountering conflicts between images and accompanying description, i.e., the two are NEVER consistent.       I use dial connection.

16. Omar A. Perez says:

Why I can’t see this page well in IE7 but, I can in Firefox, also I never tought I would say something like this, but IE7 is taking a lot of memory, looks like dirty code. 🙁

I love the new user interface and the feel, but please fix these bugs, if theres anyway to fix the problem with CSS and websites please tell me.

17. I installed quicktime on vista beta 2 and when i came to view a quciktime file in IE 7 my computer turned off!!!!

now it seems to work and also i thought IE7 was  meant have complete support for CSS???? doesn’t seem that way so far…

18. Omar A. Perez says:

The topic says it all

19. Joe Green says:

Ie7 is not reading .rdf feeds.  http://www.cricinfo.com is an example.  Ca anything be done about this?  thanks

20. I love IE7… best browser on the market hands down.

The only issue I have is I can’t upload images into eBay.  Now this may be eBay’s software but you guys should give em a call and see what is up.  Lots of people want to upload their images and need this functionality.

Wait is this about MSN Spaces – I don’t know what that is…

21. EricLaw [MSFT] says:

@winames: Yes, we’ve contacted EBay about the problem with their image upload feature.

22. Everyone: if you’re seeing a problem with IE7, please don’t just post it here. We cannot follow up with every individual in this forum. Please see our blog post here (http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2004/08/25/220501.aspx) to see how to get support for IE7. Alternatively, file a bug via http://connect.microsoft.com/ie

Thanks,

-Christopher

23. carlito says:

i love windows vista and office 2007 but i can’t put the pilote of my tv plaque and so i can’t use media center to is fullest

24. lcsgx says:

I got another question, the photos what I added in last years were signed with the date of 2010 in rss feed, and rank to the first place on top.

anyone else have this problem?

25. FALI says:

THE HOME PAGE HAS CHANGED AND BECAME WORSE U USED BE ABLE TO CHOSE THE ALBUM AT THE TOP NOW ITS AT THE BOOTTOM WHOEVER CAN CHANGE THIS EMAIL ME   dNARIDER16@AIM.COM

26. Vika says:

Sounds wicked. Thanks – your site is awesome – http://www.kusok.info/645ci/ ! Good for you!

27. jeanneffer says:

I think that it socks that my music code dynscr dose not work any more in my space!

I am very sorry to say this greetings jean!

28. Andy says:

cant get quicktime plugin to work when playing .mpeg files in ie7, it will crash ie7 completely

im using XP sp2

29. danendaiye says:

avoir un msn spaces

30. seanxwang says:

in some forums containing the photos, I can only view half of the photo instead of the whole one.

31. We got a lot of feedback that people were unable to add photos to their MSN Space using IE7 Beta 2. The MSN Spaces update fixes this issue while adding support for a lot of other cools things, like modules for daily tasks and those including Windows Liv