IE7 Beta 2 Preview Available

The information published in this post is now out-of-date and one or more links are invalid.

—IEBlog Editor, 22 August 2012

What’s a beta preview? It’s a release for everyone involved in making the Internet work.

Before we release a consumer-focused beta, we want to make sure anyone with a website can look at the changes we’ve made to our layout engine and the stricter user experience around security certificates. Developers should try out their toolbars, ActiveX controls, and applications that host or rely on the IE platform. IT Pros have their own concerns when a new browser is coming, as do domain registrars (especially with the IDN support), network operators, and many, many other groups. The site has some checklists we’ve written to help people exercise IE7 with their sites and applications. If we missed items you think we should call out, please let us know. We’re looking forward to feedback that will help us deliver a great, consumer-focused beta.

Should everyone install? First and foremost, all the usual warnings about “beta” software apply. Also, while most of the functionality is in place, the user experience is not done. That said — we welcome your feedback if you try it. The next post will cover the best ways to send us that feedback.

And in case you haven’t been there, http://www.mix06.com/ is still a good site to check out.

– Dean

P.S. Please remember to uninstall any previous IE7 builds before installing this one: Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs, Show Updates, scroll to the bottom.

1. Anonymous says:

Nice flash site. Too bad it doesn’t test the rendering engine.

2. Anonymous says:

Where’s the Server 2003 version???

3. Anonymous says:

IE7 Beta2 preview is now available for download from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/

This…

4. Anonymous says:

This preview is only available for XP SP2. We’ll have Server 2003 and x64 versions in a later beta release.

5. Anonymous says:

Can someone clarify for me whether I have the ability to fallback to IE6 if I don’t like it?

6. Anonymous says:

Andy, this preview is designed to help site & control authors verify that their sites work with IE7, so we chose to release on XPSP2 only with this preview. We expect to have a Server 2003 version available at Beta 2.

-Christopher

7. Anonymous says:

For developers to continue doing their developing jobs we need to be able to run Internet Explorer 6 AND 7 simultaneously. Can we do that with this install? If not, then it’s ultimately pointless installing it.

8. Anonymous says:

-Christopher

9. Anonymous says:

I guess my point is, if I uninstall IE7, what am I left with? Do I also have to download IE6?

10. ieblog says:

If you uninstall IE7, you will revert to what you had installed before, which I presume is the version of IE6 in XP Service Pack 2 for most people.

– Al Billings [MSFT]

11. Anonymous says:

Hi, where can I post problems with pages? I’m really afraid of IE7 because one of my clients website is totally broken in IE7 b2.

This happends to us in Firefox 1.5 beta, but there was only one issue. In IE7 b2 is almost every piece of site moved in some way and I think will have to do another hacking only for new IE.

12. cwilso says:

Jeff,

no, IE6 will be re-installed when you uninstall IE7, automatically. I’ve done this a number of times as I’ve upgraded my installs of IE7.

Also, to clarify Christopher’s comment – we do not officially support side-by-side between IE6 and IE7. You can get the rendering engines running together in a hacky fashion using the .local trick, but if you really want both running on the same hardware, I do recommend using Virtual PC.

-Chris Wilson

13. Anonymous says:

Jeff, you’re left with IE6 as you had it before you installed IE7. You won’t have to re-download or re-install IE6.

-Christopher

14. Anonymous says:

yo fiery flash is part of rendering. glad to see it work. stop being an ass

15. Anonymous says:

It looks great and also works great so far with my website’s coding.Now i really can’t wait to have the full version of IE 7 on my pc.Thanks again MS keep up the good work.

16. Anonymous says:

Not being able to run 6 and 7 side by side makes our lives incredibly cumbersome. Why should I have to install VirtualPC just to run them? Do you like making our jobs difficult? Trust me, allow developers to run these things side by side and you’ll win a great many points with all of us.

Now, thanks to this not being possible, I have to wait until someone finds a reliable "hacky" way to run these simultaneously. Way to go folks…

17. Anonymous says:

Looks promising now; and ofcourse better than beta 1. Will post any new findings later

18. Anonymous says:

Installed the preview and rebooted my machine (XP SP2). When clicking the IE 7 icon on my desktop, browser starts (is visible maybe a fraction of a second) and then the it closes itself. So IE 7 is not working at all. Any ideas ?

19. Anonymous says:

is this 5299??

20. cwilso says:

Noah,

we understand and have heard this feedback. "IE" is actually a collection of system components – networking, browser hosting, core HTML rendering, printing, etc. When we install a new version of IE, we’re installing it for all applications that use these system components – including the tiny iexplore.exe itself. That’s why it’s hard to have multiple side-by-side IEs. We are working on a solution for just HTML rendering, but we can’t have multiple system components installed with the same name.

-Chris Wilson [MS]

21. ieblog says:

This is not 5299. This was built specifically for this preview for developers, partners, and the public.

– Al Billings [MSFT]

22. Anonymous says:

"Yes, you can uninstall this preview. Please note that side-by-side installs with IE6 is not and will not be supported with IE7. "

This is stupid. There is no other word to describe it.

23. Anonymous says:

"We are working on a solution for just HTML rendering, but we can’t have multiple system components installed with the same name."

s’funny. Unix can. How does it cope? It’s very cunning, I’ll admit. Instead of trying to cram filenames into 8.3 format (a stupid practice in itself), it instead gives libraries semi-sensible names and it STICKS THE VERSION NUMBER INTO THEIR NAME. Duh!

Rocket science it ain’t.

24. Anonymous says:

25. ieblog says:

I wanted to point out that release notes for the preview are up at http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/releasenotes/default.aspx for those that haven’t seen them. These cover known issues and changes in this release.

– Al Billings [MSFT]

26. Anonymous says:

"Noah, please stop acting like you speak for all developers. Some of us are actually able to get work done without having a side-by-side install. I get that you can’t, your complaint is noted, now shut up and move on. Thanks. "

Expecting developers to give feedback on the new version whilst simultaneously requiring them to buy VMWare, Virtual PC, or a new bloody computer so that they can do so without hosing their real life production environment is absolutely ridiculous.

27. Anonymous says:

<<Will installing this version completely shaft any apps that use wininet.dll, in much the same way as beta 1 did?>>

Unlikely. To be clear, the primary WinINET "problem" in Beta-1 was with applications that called the API incorrectly, passing invalid parameters, particularly passing values where pointers were called for. In Beta-2, various application compatibility shims were put into WinINET to help deal with applications which are incorrectly coded against WinINET.

That being said, this Beta-2 Preview was released in part to get feedback on broken applications, so if you’re having problems with WinINET, we’d love to hear about them. Thanks!

28. Anonymous says:

FYI this is BUILD 5296.

Just in case anyone else doesn’t want to downgrade.

29. Anonymous says:

Guys, I can’t see IE 7 in Add/Remove Programs, even when I click Show Updates. All I see is WMP 10 and the windows hotfixes, no IE.

Can someone please help me? I can’t install Beta 2.

30. Anonymous says:

It would be really nice to install IE7 parallel to other versions, like it is possible with other older versions using some "IEXPLORE.exe.local" file.

I have tested the same with IE7 and the uncompressed "IE7B2P-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe" but it seems not to be really possible. The window opens, but closes directly after this short opening.

What’s about to allow webdevelopers to have an ability to use both version together. Otherwise it’s just not realistic to really test or create IE7 compatible pages. Sorry.

31. Anonymous says:

yo pizza get the pepperoni out of your ass. it’s not about filenames. they use guids. you don’t get to mix and match all versions of any components. deal.

32. Anonymous says:

There were no differences in IE between 5296 and 5299, so I strongly recommend that you use the official downloads vs. ones you may have found out there.

For those who are interested, Windows is divided into many smaller build labs to isolate changes between teams during development. When we merge our changes into the main Windows branch, the major build number gets incremented. IE didn’t merge any changes between 5296 and 5299 nor did we accept any changes from other teams.

— Tony

33. Anonymous says:

Anyone else experience extreme slowness with IE7 when attempting to scroll down http://forums.xbox.com/ immediately after the page comes up? Wonder why this happens?

34. Anonymous says:

Just a question. I’ve been having troubles with IE7b2 not saving my cookies in the sense that the forums i used to visit and pages like windows live aren’t being saved, and i need to log on each time i open the browser. This never happened with IE6, is this a known problem?

35. Anonymous says:

Hey guys, can’t anyone help me? I can’t uninstall IE 7 Beta 1. It’s not there in Programs list with Show Updates on.

Please tell me what to do to install Beta 2.

Appreciate any help!

36. Anonymous says:

I too can’t install. I did get an error dialog indicating system32msfeeds.dll process or procedure could not be found.

Did a search on machine and didn’t find it. Checked release notes and didn’t see any reference to this issue.

If I go through the main.log, I see

"Internet Explorer installation completed with errors, exitresults=0x0000000, exitcode=0x0000005

Hope this helps. If there is someplace you want me to send logs, holler.

37. Anonymous says:

First of all thanks for all the comments on the Podcast where we did an interview of one of the managers from the Microsoft team on the Beta release. Thus far the show interview has been downloaded about 4000 times…

38. ieblog says:

The msfeeds.dll issue has been discussed in the newsgroup mentioned in our post on Feedback.

Stephen Anacker states there:

Hello,

This happened becuase the permissions on a registry key has been changed.

On install we archive all the keys which involves both reading and writing to

the keys. Some application has changed the permissions on the .tif and .tiff

registry keys to not allow administrator full control over the key. What we

need to do is change the premissions to allow the administrator to right and

archive the key.

This is the workaround, it invloves changing registry keys so do this at

your own risk.

1. Go to Start then "Run" type "regedit" in the run box and enter.

2. In regedit expand HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the left pane and the scroll down

to the entry ".tif"

3. Right click on the entry in the left pane, select "permissions…"

4. In the permissions box select the "administrators" group.

5. Click on the "Advanced" button at the lower right.

6. Select administrators and click edit.

7. In the next dialogue check to allow box for "full control".

8. Repeat this with the .tiff key

9. Save and close.

10. Install IE7

See http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general&mid=93b16c74-ccbf-4f7e-8582-d406c87f7fdd

– Al Billings [MSFT]

39. Anonymous says:

Yes, it is slow scrolling on this page:

weird huh?

40. Anonymous says:

What about testing on a non-Internet connected box? Can’t validate so you’re SOL?

41. Anonymous says:

… and you need IE7 on this "non-internet connected box" why?

For the record, IE7 will be available via direct download, CD order, etc. So your non-connected box can be upgraded :)

42. Anonymous says:

I’ve got problems:

1- the new welcome site that setup the phishing protection and etc.. does not save (tells me cannot save settings)

2- the internet options > advanced tab.. is empty and sometimes crashes IE when i select it.

43. Anonymous says:

Correction on http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/devwebchecklist.mspx:

"Do not mix HTTP content into an HTTP page"

should be

Do not mix HTTP content into an HTTPS page

44. AC says:

It’s a terrible idea to give several places where people can give feedback. It duplicates reports, and in addition it will make your own job much more difficult. Why not set up a bug reporting site like bugzilla.mozilla.org and let your users help with identifying dupes?

45. Steve says:

Is there a way to take out the search box in the upper right corner ?

46. Is there a list/document of the bug fixes and new features you’ve added to the DOM and JScript?

47. Well, Microsoft release IE7 Beta 2 Preview to the public…i’ll try it out a day or two and see what it’s like.

I’ve noticed one annoying bug though (or it might just be me) …

48. Did you intentionally not fix :active and :focus when you fixed :hover?

49. Edwin says:

Worth mentioning that IDN domains (domains with non-English characters) seem to be supported by Beta 2, so you can type natively in French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese etc. into the browser address bar…

50. IEBlog : IE7 Beta 2 Preview Available IE7 Beta 2 Preview Available If you’re a developer, an IT Pro, or just plain interested, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/ to try the IE7 Beta 2 Preview. Don’t have time to customize, so hear again

51. Good news: It’s progress. I haven’t touched IE 6 unless a specific site required it.

Bad news: You can’t run it side by side with IE 6.

52. Nathan says:

It’s not that great. At first it gave me a msfeed.dll error. Then I unpacked the exe and tried to install from update.exe and my system is totally jacked up now. Security settings are messed up. I am logged on as Administrator and WindowsSp2 won’t install cause it says I don’t have permissions. Sheesh.

53. PatriotB says:

Nathan,

That’s why this is a preview for developer testing only. Never install betas of OS components (that includes beta previews) on a machine that you can’t afford to rebuild.

54. John Hightower says:

I went back to 6 because I couldn’t move the toolbars to where I wanted them, some of the buttons wouldn’t show up on the toolbar because of the tabs area, and because several things i was used to doing in 6 with one click took me two, three or more clicks to do in 7. I also found it difficult to find a place on the toolbars I could right click to customize them in the first place. I don’t think this is a very promising step forward, especially with Opera available.

55. Jonathan says:

Apart from the install completely stalling when it got to checking for authenticity of my OS things went fine :-)

To fix things, I completely uninstalled Norton 2005 Security Center and deleted the ie7 install log [which was mentioned in an error], it seems to me that the Norton Firewall doesn’t play gracefully… I have seen this many times before when installing MCE TV guide for example, so don’t feel too bad 😉 [I tested on an HP media center SP2]

Anyway, played around with the browser for a bit and here are some suggestions to improve it IMHO

1. Search should open in new tab by default and have the option to open it in the focused tab

2. “Search this page” should just do it – rather than pop the “old” dialogue [I *really* like the poorly labeled “find” box in RSS display page – why can’t the “find on this page” work similarly as a layer over the page?]

3. The <poorly rendered> back and forward buttons don’t do as much as they *could* – you should be able to hover over “back” or “forward” and then select "back in new tab" or "forward in new tab” – you have multi tabbed functionality, why not use it where possible?

4. As a site builder with a toolbar available to our users it would be really nice to be able to create a "button" gadget, display it on a webpage and allow users to drag it into the browser toolbar, I’m sure users would love this feature. It might negate the need for me to create a full toolbar application – and just allow users to grab a button if they find one of ours useful?

Keep up the good work :-)

56. rico says:

@miko: turn the updates on in your software-list. unter xp-updates (?) there is the ie 7 beta

57. Cheng-en says:

I am using a non-English edition Windows XP SP2.(Chinese Traditional)

Can I install it?

58. Lachlan Hunt says:

I installed it without any troubles at all, though it still completely failed to render my site <http://lachy.id.au/&gt; properly – it was almost as bad as IE6. Although, I wasn’t really expecting it too. There are some bugs with some other sites I’ve developped that work perfectly in IE6, but not in IE7; though that’s likely to be as simple as making the appropriate hacks for IE6 also apply to IE7. Most of mine use * html (almost the only filter I ever use for any hacks at all), so I was expecting this to happen.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t leave it installed for very long since I still need to test pages in IE6, which is currently more important than IE7.

There really, really, really needs to be a way to have both versions simultaneously installed if you seriously expect any web developers to be able to build sites compatible with both. You can’t expect users to have 2 computers or a dual boot system just so they can test in both, nor expect them to keep installing and uninstalling as required. That’s extremely inconvenient.

59. Jeff L says:

Glad it’s out – to bad that I’m a professional with a job that requires I test my sites in today’s CURRENT browsers, so there is no way I’ll be able to install IE7.

Seriously guys, you HAVE to figure out a way to allow for people to have both rendering engines if you expect anyone to take it seriously.

60. I notice that you still do not have support for min/max width/height, is this going to be supported in the final version?

61. Peter Brigg says:

I too can’t install the preview IE7 because it quits half-way through with the error message: "Error loading CWINDOWSsystem32msfeeds.dll The specified procedure could not be found."

I searched on my system but could not find this .dll file. Has anyone discovered how to get round this glitch?

62. Still testing, and I while I see general improvements, I’m disappointed with it’s subtle improvements at best, though it’s positive to see any progress at all now.

We have to address this, who are you hiring for your designers? This:

Is not attractive. Neither is the interface or the placement of the elements. You’ve broken some designer 101 errors, and I’m just not understanding what is wrong with Microsofts design — you can get the talent, why don’t you?

63. Chrix says:

Congrats guys!

64. I’m a developer in XML and SVG(Scalable Vector Graphics. I am quite pleased with IE7’s continuing support of SVG. My site runs nicely with IE7.

Is it possible for the Adobe ActiveX for their SVG viewer, version 3 be included in the IE7 package? This would provide incentive for SVG developers to use IE7 as their development environment. If viewer’s didn’t have to download this as plugin, we would be happy as clams:)

Thanks,

Francis

65. Jens says:

The result of the acid2 test (see: http://www.webstandards.org/act/acid2/) looks a bit scarry – will that be fixed ?

66. clement.todd@asu.edu says:

Ie7 beta2 preview doesn’t work with NavStudio 2005 visual interface. The first beta of ie7 did… any one working on this? The menus still render but the app for creating them is broken.

67. Michelle says:

IE 7 beta2 preview doesn’t work with HTMLarea, the preferred rich text editor for many internet applications, especially content management systems. It worked in previous versions of IE. http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/

Unless this gets fixed, we’ll be spending hours moving thousands of clients to Firefox. Not a pleasant task! :(

68. Lanod says:

The msfeeds.dll fix supplied in the discussion group did not work for me.

69. TechiMi says:

I’m having issues installing the preview. Finally found the log, but the code doesn’t mean much to me.

Internet Explorer installation completed with errors, exitresult=0x00000000, exitcode=0x0000f00d

70. turtok187 says:

could someone maybe tell me a solution to allow local contents to display in a webpage?

for example: I have a website and to improve the performance you are able to download some graphics. the webpage then shows the background and buttons from the local disc (eg. file:/c:/wod/). thanks in advance

71. colbert says:

excellent beta release. I will be testing it over the weekend

72. me says:

How do I get IE 7 off my computer?

73. Robert says:

As a developer, I’m quite frustrated that IE7 still doesn’t recognize the min-height attribute. My other major complaints have already been voiced, so I’ll move on.

As a user, the interface is horrible… it’s practically unusable. Apart from the classic toolbar, you can’t even customize it so that it emulates the half decent interface of IE6, let alone an above average interface like that of Firefox or Opera.

74. Marcus Daniels says:

Has the IE7 team considered implementing the Canvas as has been for Safari and Firefox?

75. BigRed says:

After install of ie7-b2 none of the links in my emails will work. When I click on them usually nothing happens or… they all open up a "My Documents" window? Is there a security setting that has done this or what can be done to get the problem fixed?

I like the new interface – minimal is the way to go

76. Robert C says:

When I try to start IE 7 appear the following message : "the procedure entry point InternetGetSecurityInfoByURLW counld not be located in the dynamic link library WININET.dll. error"

Also, I can’t uninstall program.It no longer exist in add/remove programs…

Please help!

77. Carol says:

To uninstall IE 7…….go to add or remove Programs and at the top right there is a place to click to Show Updates …..Put a check in that box and all updates made will show……scroll down to ……….Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview ……….click on it and then there is a REMOVE button on the right!!! Hope That Helps ya!

78. I guess I’ll use this as an opportunity to vent a minor frustration that could be fixed in this version.

When a viewer makes an option selection, why not unfocus that <select>? Presently, if they happen to scroll after their selection, the darn select runs rampant through it options, causing a mess.

(I fix this artificially by focusing on something else on the page, after the viewer has made their option selection. I guess I can continue to do this without loosing an sleep)

79. I normally would have unloaded IE7 after I gave it a few tests, but I surely like the rendering. So, I’m keeping it onboard for awhile.

I wanted to go back to a URL I had previously visited, and I hunted for a history button, but couldn’t find it. If it’s there, my intuition doesn’t grab it.

80. webecho says:

Just wondering if you intend to fix :focus and :active …PLEASE!

81. I don’t think I’m too much different than a lot of folks, by adding tons of favorites at a whim.

However, after I have enjoyed this bunch of favorites, I would like to remove them as one would normally expect, by using the Ctrl key to to select them.

Presently, we must select each individually, and request removal. This takes a long time.

Could you please think about providing the use of the Ctrl key to select a global removal?

82. Frankly, I am reluctant to click on

"Fix Settings for Me" I do not want to go to a default arrangement without understanding exactly what would be changed. This ‘Fix Settings’ selection could dump my previous settings that may have been made for valid reasons. I don’t want to have go back and reinstate all my settings after I selected this Fix.

It would be more acceptable if this alert would more like…"Let’s Review Your Security Settings"

83. The very, very top banner area, that has the title of the web page, along with the max, min and close buttons could be used more effectively. Personally, 99.9% of the time, I know what I’m looking at, and don’t need that information.

Seriously, think about this:

Place all your buttons along that bar, in a consistant design.

This will relinquish space to support the power viewers of today in their ability to navigate to the half dozen or so web pages they may have open. Your Quick tabs and the buttons to select each page are definitely needed, and should be reinforced.

84. Logan says:

I can’t uninstall ie7 Beta2 preview. I have tried the "Show Updates" and then clicked on "Remove" next to ie7 but it says "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview cannot be uninstalled from this user account. Please log on to the same user account from which is was installed and try again."

I only have two user accounts on my computer; I tried both and I got the same error message both times. HELP!

85. Kisara says:

It’s nice for looks, yes, but for those of us with a preexisting malware infection, it does nothing but takes up disk space. Yeah, I guess I’ll be uninstalling this one. At least until my computer’s virus free. *cough*AuroraCwsAndAFewTorjanshinthintreaders*cough*

But seriously, nice ui, too bad ie manages to break my system down when run.

86. Wilhelm says:

Also can not install due to msfeeds.dll. Have checked for the .tif and .tiff reg keys as sugested above – was set to full control for admin.

87. Jerry says:

Hi,

I am with Francis – I dont want to click the change security settings button – I want to know what will be changed – and eventually why.

Please tell me exactly what is going to be changed !!!!!!!

88. Mars Feeney says:

The inability to run IE6 & IE7 together just blows my mind. It’s just this kind of nonsense that infuriates me and makes me want to run to open source solutions. I don’t want to have a different computer for each version of IE that I need to support. Having to do so makes me feel screwed. Wake up MS!

89. Bazza says:

How do i downgrade to IE 6. FTP access will not work for me in BETA 2 :(

90. Motley says:

I had the same problem with msfeeds.dll.  It turned out to be the permissions on the HKCRhtafile (and it’s subkeys).  Set the administrator to full access, and the installation worked.

91. PMD says:

I have had the same problem about msfeeds.dll mentioned in this forum.  I have made the registry edits but still cannot install. I come up with the same errors about msfeeds.dll.

92. Nicolas says:

Just a little question : will the alternate stylesheets be supported ? It doesn’t seem to be the case in this beta 2.

93. Chris says:

Nice version but it still needs SO MUCH MORE.

Have a look at firefox with nice and usefull extensions (adblock for one).

As for uninstall, I didn’t expect much from you but when I saw an uninstall window comming up I smiled. Not for long as it hang.

94. Betas are a bitch…(been there, done that:)

The embed is an interesting object. I sensed it was going to be depricated. But, fortunately it wasn’t, and will become the vehicle that we SVG(Scalable Vector Graphics) folk will use in the IE7 browser.

However, it has been, in the past, treated as a second-class citizen on the webpage: It had neither focus priority nor any formal z-level recognition.

I hope, in IE7, it can join in the benevolence granted to the iframe.

Francis

95. I do so much weird stuff on my site, I hate to blame IE7 for some of my doings…but here goes.

My Internet Option Settings request a new file read at each visit.

I can’t access recently changed XML files to make my site work. It keeps grabbing older files and will not replace them with the updated files. I’ve cleaned out the temp files a few times. When I request the updated file, It reloads old copies. I have absolutely no idea where these older files reside. The’re surely not on my server.

It seems that they are not removed from the temp internet files, and override/ignore my request for updated files.

Even though I removed these files from the temp internet files, the darn things still show up when I do a search with Windows Explorer.

This happened during IE7, so I removed it and went back to IE6, but it is still stuck using the older files.

This did not occur, initially when I used IE7 for about a week, but just recently happened.

Francis

96. This a follow-up to the above post, after 12 hours of trying to find what happened to the ability for the browser to access updated files on my site.

I’m kinda pooped after my efforts, and don’t exactly know what in the hell to do at this time…sorry, I’m tired and pissed.

I have many, many files that are case written.

Anyway, there is some situation that caused IE7 to force file names to lower case(or, at least some case sensitive scenerio), and only responds to the case it had embraced for some reason.

Maybe there is an explanation for case-sensitive stuff..I’ll hunt for it.

I’ll get back when I’ve had a few hours to digest this situation.

Francis

97. I guess I must continue in this discussion even if with only myself, at least, in the event that others are viewing my confusing journey.

I went back through my settings and checked Internet Options: Advanced>Security>

Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

It solved the problem.

I’m sure I had this checked before I downloaded IE7 beta 2. For some reason this was unchecked…maybe, I guess, I really don’t know.

Gad, I’m glad to be back to my site. Kinda like a baby taken away from the titty of his mama:)

Francis

98. Marcelo says:

The new IE7 looks great but is still slower than Opera, especially when opening new tabs. It’d be great to have at least the same speed.

99. Pablo says:

Hello!

Maybe this is a silly question, how to uninstall this version, my laptop has become a slower in performance… should i use restore point feature instead of? Regards.

Pablo

100. Mike B. says:

IE Beta 2 installed ok, sometimes hangs on startup and does not work with mcafee antivirus.

101. dragonman says:

i want to ie7 beta 2 installer.

102. joejoe says:

hi friends. when i installed ie7 in my machine, i realized one emarassing bug: i cant open local files on ie7! just because i have firefox as my default browser, everytime i try to open an local html file in ie7 it sends me to firefox! the only way i found to do so was draging and dropping the file in ie7 window… so, i uninstalled ie7 back to ie6 again, but it keeps on hapenning… ill restart the system and see if it will work fine once again.

103. Sarah says:

Hi, can you please tell me how long the Beta is available for and what happens afterwards?  Is the proper version immediately issued, if so, does anyone know when this may be?

104. rockinbaja says:

Not only can I not uninstall the beta version, it is also not possible to even remove it!  I tried Add/Remove, I tried correcting the registry, I tried a Windows XP Professional sp2 repair using the installation CD, I tried removing the IE folder from the Windows root directory Program Files and installing a fresh downloaded IE ver 6.0.  The Beta version remains my only version of IE!  Short of completely reinstalling my Windows XP Pro sp2 OS, I can find no way of reverting back to IE 6.0.

Now having said this, I should point out that the reason I wanted to revert back was not because I am disappointed with the beta version.  Actually, I am quite happy with it.  I used three tabbed windows to write this letter! However, I like using the Auto-Hide in full-screen mode, and in the beta version you are unable to close a tab without first switching to normal view.  Using IE 6.0 in full-screen (F11) with Auto-Hide enabled you still have all the features of normal view, but they are hidden (on demand), much like the Taskbar is using the same Auto-Hide feature.  This is the only reason I wanted to switch back and at this point I am not ready to do a complete reinstall of my OS.

105. IEBlog says:

Today we released Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP. I encourage everyone to download the final version

106. christian science monitor reporter kidnapped iraq