Happy Holidays!

The information published in this post is now out-of-date.

—IEBlog Editor, 20 August 2012

I want to comment on a couple of things before we all disappear for the holidays.

As you may have noticed, we have turned on comment moderation due to the copious amounts of blog spam we have gotten lately.  This means there will be some delay for us to review the comments and then post the ones that are not spam.  I don’t really like doing the comment filtering (it’s more work for us), but given the spam we decided it was the best way to go for now.

In addition, this is the holiday season in the United States, so a lot of people on the IE team will be taking time to celebrate various end of year holidays and spending some well deserved time off with their families and friends.  That means you shouldn’t expect to see any posts from us until next year.

Best wishes for everybody during this holiday season.

Scott

1. Anonymous says:

Is IE7 in alpha development yet?

2. Anonymous says:

Get WordPress, and you won’t have to moderate the comments.

Oh wait, you’re Microsoft, that’d be using a minimum of three open source products at once!

3. Anonymous says:

Hey guys, instead of the immature comments, why not just accept a "happy holidays" thread for what it is, and keep your comments related. If you want to IE/Microsoft bash, use a different thread.

Happy holidays

4. Anonymous says:

Ooen Source is junk anyway why use it.

5. Anonymous says:

On what hallowed grounds do you make that blasphemous claim?

6. Anonymous says:

There’s something i don’t understand, perhaps someone can explain. With browsers like Opera, etc, we seem to get new releases with new features every few months. Opera puts a beta version up for people to try while they are testing it. Why do we have to wait so long with IE, and why restrict any beta testing to a few like with the betas of SP2? It is this lack of new things within IE and OE that made me leave it. I’d love to use them again, but when a company like Opera updates so often, I don’t see the reason to come back to IE and OE. To be honest IE and OE will have to be pretty amazing to get me back, because companies like Opera are just leading the field right now. So, I guess what I am asking is can we see a return to the days when IE was competing with Netscape and new releases were something common?

Anyway, thanks ya’ll for all the hard work you put in, happy holidays to you all

7. Anonymous says:

ALL HAIL MICROSOFT!!

8. Anonymous says:

Happy Holidays Everyone

Dave, I know you’re english: Merry Christmas!

9. Anonymous says:

Happy holidays to you too!

I don’t suppose there is any chance of you releasing the browser stats for this blog – given the amount of anti-IE and pro-FF posts it would be interesting to see if people are actually practising what they preach…

10. Anonymous says:

Happy holidays to you too and Merry Christmas.

11. Anonymous says:

Happy holidays to all.

12. Anonymous says:

There’s one thing about you yanks that confuses me

Despite loads of right-wing christian fundamentalists down in the "Bible Belt"… why do so many of you refer to the Christmas Holiday season in a secular fashion? Everywhere I go on the internet I see "Happy Holidays!" if its a US site, but "Merry Christmas!" or "Happy Hannukah!" everywhere else

Why the political-correctness?

What holiday is it?

Why, the Christmas (or Hannukah) Holiday!

Ask that to NYC Mayor Bloomberg sometime ;)

Hmmm :)

13. Anonymous says:

Now, you shouldn’t say "happy holidays" as it may offend those who have to work over christmas. You’re better off sticking to a cheery "Merry Christmas!"

So Merry Christmas everyone, and a happy new year to you too.

14. Anonymous says:

I just hope that it’s going to be just spam that gets moderated away and not insightful (depending on your opinion) posts from those using, or evangelising, alternative browsers.

BTW: I also always wanted to know why the US refers to Christmas as ‘Happy Holidays’.

15. Anonymous says:

I let just about anything stand, insightful or not, as long as it’s not spam (multiple identical posts, zero value "link to my site" posts, etc) or excessively abusive.