Getting a head start on attending the UK 2008 launch event

My Colleague the Moth has posted a blog entry that gives you a link to pre-register for the UK 2008 launch event for Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2008.

It will be a popular event so if you’re interested in attending I’d recommend getting in quick.

1. well says:

any free goodies planned for this year?

2. Ian Moulster says:

I definitely can’t say ……

3. Jevon says:

Ian why is it your reply reminds me of Shrek 3?

"It wouldn’t be inaccurate to assume that I couldn’t exactly not say that is or isn’t almost partially incorrect.

I’m possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way, with any amount of uncertainty…"

4. Ian Moulster says:

I like it. I’ll have to use that sometime.

And as the years go by I seem to be looking more and more like Shrek too, so maybe it all makes sense.

Seriously though, I don’t own the launch and it definitely isn’t my place to make any comment beyond the fact of the event itself.

5. David Hearn says:

Is the Birmingham launch the only UK launch planned (to your knowledge)?  If I remember correctly, with the VS2005 launch there was a launch tour which included London and Birmingham (certainly London as I was there).  With Vista/Exchange/Office, similarly there were ones at London, and local ones at Reading for Developers/Community etc.

Being down in the South, travelling to Birmingham would be a significant trek if there’s going to be ones done more locally too.

6. Ian Moulster says:

To be honest I haven’t been close enough to this launch (for a change). I know a number of options have been explored, I’m not sure where it finished up.

I am reasonably sure this is the only "big" launch event though (there are separate specialist events such as for partners).

I’m about to leave the office until 2nd Jan, if I find out anything before I go off radar I’ll post it here.

7. Ian Moulster says:

Better late than never: Birmingham is indeed the main event. There will be some TechNet and MSDN events in the weeks/months after the main event that will cover some of the content, but there won’t be a repeat of the main event.

So…if you want to attend I would recommend signing up for the Birmingham one.