JetStress (WR 1.2: 06.05.7529.0) --- Calculation is like the following:
- Planned Data: 750 users * 200 MB = 150 GB.
- Initial Data: 150 GB * 75% = 112.5 GB.
- Initial EDB: 112.5 GB * 1.67% = approximately 188 GB --- 112.5 GB mailbox data + 66% overhead.
- Required space (which is double the initial data) = 225 GB.
- Reserved space for edb growth = 225 GB - 188 GB = 37 GB.
NOTE: 133 GB will be the maximum that you can specify if you have 200 GB LUN; In this case, the initial data is 100 GB, Initial EDB is 167 GB, and required free disk space 200 GB. Reserved space for edb growth is 33 GB --- This behavior used to lead users to a lot of confusion.
JetStress dev. team made some design changes about database sizing which will be available next month.
- User will enter the planned EDB file size that already includes the 66% overhead.
- User will be required to reserve 25% of the initial edb file size for its growth.
JetStress (WR 2.1: 06.05.7726.0: the latest web release) - Calculation is like the following:
- Planned EDB: 800 users * 200 MB = 160 GB (let's assume that you have 800 users of 200 MB mailbox)
- Initial Data: (could be none of your interest)
- Initial EDB: 160 GB --- This will be the maximum allowed if you have 200 GB LUN.
- Reserved for EDB growth: 160 GB * 25% = 40 GB.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.