At one point folks got carried away with drag and drop. For example:
- The system menu icon is a drag source in IE and Explorer windows. So you can use it to drag a shortcut to the current page/folder/document to anywhere you want.
- The icon in the address bar is also a drag source. Again, drag this anywhere you want to create a shortcut.
- The home button is a drop target. Drop a shortcut here and you've got a new home page.
- The Favorites button is a drop target. Drop a shortcut here and you've got a new favorite added to the root of the favorites folder.
- The free edges of the desktop are special drop targets. Try dragging a folder to the right-most edge of your desktop and watch a folder toolband appear docked to the screen. The desktop needs to be exposed for this to work.
So if you want to amaze your friends, drag the system menu icon from "My Computer" and slam it up against the top edge of your screen and watch them gaze in awe as a stylish toolbar appears with Your Computer.