Windows Azure SQL Reporting is a cloud-based reporting service for the Windows Azure Platform built on SQL Server Reporting Services. SQL Reporting provides many benefits, such as
- · Rapid provisioning
- · Cost-effective scalability and High availability
- · Reduced management overhead
- · Secure access for viewing and managing reports.
Windows Azure Reporting offers the following capabilities:
- · Host operational reports based on report data from existing Windows Azure SQL Database. Operational reports are report definition language (RDL) reports.
- · Embed the Visual Studio Report Viewer AJAX control in on-premise Web applications or cloud-based Windows Azure applications to add rich reporting to custom applications. The Report Viewer control points to reports hosted on report servers.
The document provides a step-by-step guide on how you can migrate your existing SSRS reports and ASP.Net application to Windows Azure.