We released Beta 2 Visual Studio Express products 6 weeks ago. We have been listening to your feedback through forums, Watson feedback data (you can opt-in such program at the beginning of the setup) etc. We published a tool to help uninstalling Beta/CTP program. I appreciated your feedback to make VS 2005 better. I am wondering your experience/thoughts in a few areas after Beta 2 release.
- Did the download and install succeed the first time? If not, how many times did it take?
- Did you come across a situation where you decided to cancel the download or install? If so, why?
- What do you like/hate about Express? (It could be setup specific or not related to Express setup)?
- What do you wish to see in Express that is not there (It could be setup specific or not related to setup)?
- What do you think of the uninstall tool http://mscomapps/fwlink/edit.asp?linkid=47065
The cancel one is particularly interesting to me, since we can see occurrences of this in the Watson data, but don’t get a lot of visibility into why this happened and whether the setup is broken somehow. I looking forward to hearing what folks experienced.
Thanks, Hong Gao