After the Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate (RC) is installed, there is a button to install the documentation locally. If you have overlooked this option or chose not to install documentation locally and wish to do so later, you can follow these instructions.
- Click on Start.
- Browse to All Programs Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Visual Studio Tools, and select Managed Help Settings – ENU (language may vary).
- If you’re prompted to set the local content location, change or accept the default and click OK to continue. You may be prompted to provide consent (UAC) for the action. If you are, click Continue or enter administrative credentials to continue.
- You will see a set of options. Click Find content on disk.
- Click the Browse button.
- Browse to the ProductDocumentation folder in the root of your installation media. For example, if your DVD drive is D:, browse to D:ProductDocumentation.
- Select the file HelpContentSetup.msha and click the Open button.
- Click the Next button.
- For each set of help content, click the Add link button.
- When you are finished making your selections, click the Update button.
You can now browse selected documentation offline. Additional documentation is available online through the viewer or MSDN.