Arrington, please

For the educated (by Gawker media) reader, how much of this do you think is driven by an actual business issue and how much is driven by hubris? At what point is one embarrassed by actually behaving like a “diva”?

A one hour mistake and Arrington is seeing red, and flipping out about MSN being less blue. Seriously.

1. David K says:

Did you see the other Michael Arrington-related post this week that been getting a lot of attention – about Don Dodge?

2. HeatherLeigh says:

I did. Don Dodge is a class act and I know that the decisions that were made around reductions caused us to lose some great people because their jobs were selected for elimination.  Honestly, the whole situation at large makes me feel a little sick. I hate it when business decisions impact peoples personal lives in a negative way. But I undrestand why those decisions need to be made in general. Boo, it sucks it has to happen. And I hope when the economy turns around we see those folks here again.

It was subtle, but that sense of it being all about Arrington is still there. Am I reading too much into it?

Incidently, Don Dodge will have his pick from a multitude of opportunitites. I don’t know him, but from what I have heard, he’s a talented guy.

3. tod says:

I stopped reading TechCrunch a few years ago simply because I think Arrington’s a pompous jerk.  There are plenty of other places to get breaking tech news.

4. HeatherLeigh says:

tod – where else that isn’t overly technical (you know, for people like me that are super proud of their basic html coding skills)? 🙂

5. tod says:

Well, the obvious ones are:

–, which is like drinking from a fire hose, but most stuff goes through there at some point or another.

– is a standard read for most techies.

– Other than those, I generally follow links from other bloggers…good old word-of-mouth, but using the intertubes.

If I think of others I’ll post them.  Over the past few years I’ve really trimmed down my RSS feeds.  I found that I couldn’t keep up with 158 feeds.  Of course I still read yours though. 🙂

6. HeatherLeigh says:

tod – I think I need some serious filtering. What to do for someone who wants to know what is going on but doesn’t have time to know too much. I’ll give engadget a try. Thanks for the recommendations!

7. HeatherLeigh says:

And I may stand corrected on some of my posted opinions. People disappoint me. They really do.