Enough about me. Let’s talk about you. What do you think about me?

OMG…you like Paris? I do too! You like books? I do too!

For real? Please. No.

1. Jason Haley says:

Great title, gave me a good laugh.

2. Derek Z says:

Carol Bartz and her “shaking things up” is getting old. So she swears and fires people (big deal, people have been doing that since we first grunted) – what is she doing? HotJobs is stagnant and curling up like a dried leaf, the news they post is recycled over and over – and now some goey PR. If that letter (if it is true) is indicative of the future PR, wow it is going to be quite a ride. Imagine the kind of smoothing over we will see from one of her network TV-fbomb drops — YaWN! I really like Yahoo, but less every day without any progress.

3. HeatherLeigh says:

I’m inclined to give her a chance 🙂 Takes time to thoughtfully shake things up. Having said that, job boards are circling the drain. I bet they will be cut loose sooner or later.

But this PR stuff makes me gag. I can’t decide if I want ot ti be real or not.

4. RB says:

OMG like *hugs* everybody! I’m the new guy and I’m going to win you over with my Ira Glass knock off personality. Where’s your favorite place to travel 3-4 times per year? Ciao!

5. Wine-oh says:

Hmmm that e mail reads funny to me. Besides the obvious, this guy sounds like he has alot of work ahead of him to win over his new team.

The newly installed CEO at the last company I worked at, also took this sugar coat approach. He did nothing but observe for 100 days and then went in for the kill and made changes he deemed were necessary and installed his friends in senior management roles (oh and he fired people to make room for his friends). He was also asked during a company wide Q&A what his idea of "FUN" at work was. And he said, he enjoyed a collaborative environment, a casual one (he wears jeans and sneakers), and have a good time. He then removed all elements that were fun such as annual events and other events that foster a sense of the company being a community.

6. HeatherLeigh says:

Nice. Some people are talk and some people are do.

7. Will says:

For a PR guy, I think that email was a very poor piece of positioning and marketing.

It tells me:

1) you haven’t done consumer marketing (so why are you there?)

2) you are really fond of sharing a LOT of information

3) you don’t edit your emails too well (as they ramble)

4) the inclusion of your trips to Paris and Sidney (and other facts that seem to serve no other purpose than name-dropping) show a real lack of judgement and leadership

Go Yahoo!

8. Rune says:

Thats the narcissist in a nutschell!

9. HeatherLeigh says:

Hopefully he has bounced back after that!