1. Kevin Daly says:

Or the person in front of you not to stick their seat back in your face shortly after takeoff and leave it there for the duration of the flight.

I’ve also been on many flights where if the people on either side of me could’ve been paid to go on a diet six months before the flight that would’ve been really special, and avoided me arriving at my destination with severe cramp from having to spend the entire flight in the Praying Mantis positon.

(I’m from New Zealand – international flights to or from here are a unique form of torture)

2. Wine-oh says:

Im convinced next it will be BYO-Seat.

3. Tom says:

Geez, God forbid someone should be friendly…that is so rude!

4. Paul says:

No, this is too funny.  What if you forget your $1.40? They aren’t going to make you pee in your seat.  The next passenger will sue them for reckless endangerment or assault or something.

Worse, what if it’s number 2 or 3?  Sorry, toilet’s out of bounds.  Must pay to play.  Use the aisle please.

Gives new meaning to the term "squatter".

As for stopping the person next to you from talking?  No need to pay for that.  Just threaten to make your business theirs.

That’s called turning lemons into lemonade.

5. p says:

It reminds me of a recent Microspotting article (http://www.microspotting.com/2009/02/zeke):

"I realized, you can go to the bathroom whenever you want at Microsoft.

…Yes. Yes, you can.

Every job I’d ever had, you had to ask permission to go to the bathroom. I’d worked at McDonalds, I’d worked at coffee shops, a hotdog stand … and holding your pee was actually a primary skill. "

P.S. It appears the Ryanair charge was just a joke (http://bigpondnews.com/articles/OddSpot/2009/03/13/Airline_toilet_charge_a_joke_311362.html).

6. Bob says:

Oops!  I forgot to go before I left home.  Good thing we can’t fly RyanAir here in USA.  I may now think about watering Mother Nature on the way to the airport or better yet visiting one of our local airport facilities.  There are so many options why would someone even WANT to wait until they are in mid-flight?  WAIT!!! Just realized that this could be a wonderful way to use the up-chuck bag when you’re not up-chucking!!! (lol)