Wow…the end is near.

I don’t want to hear that Microsoft is uncool ever again. To my knowledge, no Microsoft employees were involved in the making of THIS:

Anyway, I tried to imagine one of us, OK me, bopping around my friend’s rich daddy’s house in a bathing suit matching my friends (OK, my bathing suit bopping days may be over), lip-synching “Don’t Stop Believing”.

Story here. Does this signal the end of Web 2.0? I at least hope it signals the end of people calling it “web 2.0”. And mother of pearl, can we please stop with the lip-synching already?

1. mdapsauski says:

I tried to come up with something witty, but I think the title of this post sums it up nicely: wow.

2. HeatherLeigh says:

I know. I was toying with "narcissistic + geeky + poor judgement "

3. <i>"And mother of pearl, can we please stop with the lip-synching already?"</i>

Ha ha ha lip-synching will never die!! Especially not with YouTube around. The Numa Numa Guy is still one of my all time favourites:

…too bad his daddy doesn’t seem to have a big house.

4. HeatherLeigh says:

Ian – perhaps it is a generational thing. I HATE it. But I also hate American Idol. So I don’t watch that kind of stuff. I will always especially dislike lip-synching in a place that looks like a set from Less Than Zero (and if you haven’t seen it Ian, I insist that you go out and get it right now! ;))

5. Parul says:

oh no… i missed it – "video no longer available" 🙁

and Ian, i think the NUMA NUMA guy is hysterical too!

6. HeatherLeigh says:

It’s probably still out there somewhere. I’ll see if I can find it. It was redonkulous.

Now you two that like that Nume Numa thing; I may have to ask you to leave….just kidding 🙂

7. crawdad13 says:

I clicked and the video is "No longer available"

8. HeatherLeigh says:

If you click on the text "story here" in the post, you’ll get to the video.

9. David K says:

Did you see the post at "The Daily Beast" about these annoying lip dub videos that includes… yes, you guessed it, several lip dub videos! Ugh.

"It Must Be Stopped: Hipster Lip Dub Videos" by Randi Zuckerberg

10. HeatherLeigh says:

DavidK – I didn’t. I’ll definitely check it out. Though I am not sure I can sit through any more videos. I’ll definitely read the commentary though. Sounds like Radi and I agree.

11. HeatherLeigh says:

Oh, gawd. I can’t believe I watched some of the crapola. Wait. What’s the sound? Michael Hutchence rolling over in his grave?

I miss him.