Attention youngsters: you have many years of acting like a jackass in front of you.

OK, so now I can talk about my trip to Chicago a few weeks ago. I learned a big lesson about allergies and pre-medication. But all that didn’t really set in until I had finished the debauchery portion of my trip. I’m still pretty sure that driving through the corn and soy fields between Chicago and Indianapolis are what did me in. Anyhoo.

I visited my friend Kimberly and her boyfriend Eric in Chicago; Lincoln Square to be exact. It’s where Chicago meets Eastern Europe. So aside from getting a good dose of Chicago-ness, I got a side order of all things German/Ukrainian/Polska. Anyway, just to prove that the title of this blog post is true, I share with you my pictures.

First things first. This is what a hot dog looks like. If anyone tells you anything different, they are either evil or sadly mistaken. If you have any questions, please let me know. This dog courtesy of Chubby Wieners. Gawd, that was good.

High school pals Marlene and Kim. We are sitting down to a meal of chacon salad and discussing the many merits of Bacon Salt. Hey, I always arrive bearing gifts and the Bacon Salt was a hit. See, I know where to get the good stuff.

“Here’s a little story I got to tell about three bad brothers you know so well.” After a few glasses of Chardonnay, evidently, I am very happy to go to a dive bar (The Hidden Cove, where our host Paul was very good to us) and belt out some tunes. My signature song: Magic Man by Heart. Of course, in this photo, Kim and I are ricking a little Paul Revere (I think you know what time it is, it’s time to get ill).

OK, and the Brauhaus…mother of pearl, these are scary.

Kim and Marlene in the haus! Also a reminder that I really need to figure out how to use my camera.

Have to include one of my traditional self portraits. Rockin’ the fez. I kissed a bartender in lederhosen and I liked it. What? He gave me a go cup; that was sweet.

So these are the photos that I am willing to share of this excursion. It just shows that when you get together with high school friends, you are perfectly justified in acting like a kid again. Chicago does this to me.

1. Dave Lefkow says:

I’m glad to hear that Chicagoans still have good taste 🙂

When are you coming to South Park to try some Baconnaise???

2. HeatherLeigh says:

Dave, let’s plan lunch! I can come to you….it would be good for me to step out of my home office. My friends in Chicago will be jealous. I believe we recorded some impromptu advertisements for Bacon Salt after a few too many glasses of wine. If they aren’t career ending, I’ll try to get them to you. I haven’t seen them yet. And I’m scared.

3. Mike Caulfield says:

Yo!  You can’t be rocking that song with out me!

4. HeatherLeigh says:

Oh Mike! We missed you! Trust me, we butchered that song. Next time you will have to join us an at least keep us on the beat!

5. Parul says:

Looks like your trip was a blast 🙂 you make me think of the single/child free days gone by…

6. HeatherLeigh says:

Yeah, all 3 pf us are child-free. Interesting that it turned out that way.

7. Kim Reavill says:

"Yo Yo Yo Baby Pop yeah you come over heah…"You forgot to mention that gem you belted out after Magic Man.  Acting like a hooligan gone wild( as my parents would say ) never felt so good. I guess that’s what you happens as you get older,.,,,you don’t CARE how bad you probably look in that moment!! Although skulking back in the Hidden Cove the next day to retrieve the tab credit card is a bit humbling.

Oh, and let me share this culinary discovery  – Bacon Salt on popcorn with a little truffle oil, sea salt and parmesan cheese – heaven. Helps the two day hangover slump. Love ya Heather. Door Number Two just ain’t the same these days.

8. Marlene says:

Ok, so I think I am still getting over my cold I caught from all night partying, singing and eating Bacon Salt, it’s been three weeks!  See what happens as we age….  But boy was that a good time!

9. HeatherLeigh says:

Kim, oh yeah, Salt and Heather in the hizzie! I fear that we tortured those poor people. I guess the Hidden Cove looks a little different in the light of day, huh Kim? Not that it looked so good at night! (I owe you a call back…I’ll call you from my home # so you have it since that’s where it’s generally easier to reach me these days…sad).

Marlene, I am just getting over mine too! It lasted a really long time. For my next act, I am going to break a hip!

OK, girl trip to Seattle! Weather prediction: rain!