She would have learned her lesson if they would have left her in there for a while and let someone “win” her as a prize, only to hand her over to her angry parents, hiding outside. Guaranteed she would have been out of there when the claw came her way.

Oh, I know. That was mean. I was just kidding, but you have to wonder about the parents (and why nobody appeared surprised or angry…makes you think this is a regular activity).

1. Greg Lucas says:

I have twin 6 year old girls and a 3 year old girl….I would be more panicked then mad, but the highlight of the video is the dude washing the windows…he cracks me up.

2. HeatherLeigh says:

Me too…did yuo see the little towel toss?

3. tzagotta says:

I think that’s a little unfair. I’m sure the parents were angry, but they were clearly more concerned with freeing their daughter from the machine. What did you expect them to do – have a temper tantrum and walk out, leaving the girl in the machine as punishment? Is that a reasonable adult response?

Parenting always seems easier when you are watching someone else doing it, instead of doing it yourself. We all – parents and non-parents alike – need to remember that before we pass judgement.

4. HeatherLeigh says:

tzagotta – maybe you could just step back and appreciate the humor of the situation. I never said parenting was easy. But if I just extracted my kid from "the Claw", the first thing I’d do would not be handing my child back their drink. We all pass judgment all the time. "Would I have reacted that way?" Just so happens that the answer is no. I would have been frantic.

Blogging is about sharing opinions. I shared mine. The whole thing with the parents seemed weird to me.

5. Wine-Oh says:

Where did you get this video from?

6. HeatherLeigh says:

Something new every day!

7. Kris says:

I have a child who would do this (better make sure she never watches this or she may get some ideas).  The parents were likely mad (probably more later once they got over the shock!) but also scared and very embarrassed (and maybe a little bit trying not to laugh).  "Let’s just get her out and get out of here!"