Would you wear it?

I probably wouldn’t recommend wearing this to a job interview. Maybe if you are a college student.

There are more at Blackbird Tees. I like the non-job-related ones. Not so sure that the others will do more than get attention, but not necessarily from recruiters/employers. What do you think? Novel idea.

1. You wear it underneath your regular attire, sort of like a superman logo. Apparently, no one else can see it, but it’ll send out subliminal vibes to help you get the job.

Hmm, not a bad idea. I’ve an interview on Friday, maybe they’ll express me one.

2. RB says:

I’ve dressed worse and gotten the job.

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Chris – I love that idea!

4. HeatherLeigh says:

RB – really? what kind of job and where. Just curious 😉

5. Lauren Smith says:

In 1997 when I was still thinking of graduating from college, I attended Software Development ’97 at the Moscone Center. When you signed up, you had to give your job title. Seeing as how I didn’t have one, I went as "Job Seeker".

It was kind of the wrong venue for it, though. The vast majority of people there were either engineers or marketers. Not a lot of recruiters. While I didn’t get any offers that day, I did get to talk to a lot of people because they were disarmed by the name tag.

I wonder, though, about the message the shirt sends, though. Job offers are what the company can do for you. It’s like doing sales by telling the customer how much you want to soak them for.

6. Jamie says:

I’d sure wear it to a graduate recruitment fare … you’d be guaranteed to have everyone approach you.  For even better effect I’d want it printed in smaller blurry lettering to encourage them to come closer!

On a side-note … why do so many companies make the effort to buy stands, posters and attend graduate recruitment fares only to ask for "minimum 2 years experience" ?

7. HeatherLeigh says:

Lauren – I love the name tag idea. What else could you have put? And I get your point about the message. It’s not really a value proposition; says nothing about the candidate other than that they are a little cheeky.

Jamie – I don’t know. I haven’t been to a job fair in years. And in fact, I never went to the job fairs on campus when I was in college. I regret that.

8. HeatherLeigh says:

This guy’s smiling face is cracking me up every time I go to my blog. I think I need to make a new post. His happiness is distracting!

9. Wine-Oh says:

I like the option to have your resume super imposed on the tshirt. Its a new twist on the sandwich board. I also vote for wearing it under your dress shirt for subliminal vibes.

10. HeatherLeigh says:

Yeah, but that resume shirt is really hard to scan into databases. Also, Seth Godin will tell you that you don’t need to have a resume shirt.

Holy crap…I’m feeling cheeky today myself!

11. Wine-Oh says:

Yeah the resume shirt is a whole different blog. I cant imagine pointing to the shirt and saying "In 2004 I worked here for 2 yrs…".

12. Lauren Smith says:

The alternative name tag title would have been "Student", but that doesn’t really get my intent across.

The next year, I was visiting SF with my mom for vacation and stopped in at SD98. She got to wear the "Job Seeker’s Mother" nametag.

She wasn’t too thrilled about it, though.

13. RB says:

Just a random regular run of the mill executive position.

14. HeatherLeigh says:

at a start-up. Come on. Admit it. Was there a ping pong table anywhere in sight?