You’ve gotta love the Seattle spirit

Quarter of 6 pm on a clear day in February, fifty degrees. My neighbors are in their backyard playing rap music, BBQing and playing badminton.

My neighborhood is just the kind of weird that I like.

1. MSDNArchive says:

And on this day, 10 years ago, I was playing in the cold, cold surf in the rain.

And still getting sunburned. 🙂

2. Wine-Oh says:

Were freezing on the east coast preparing for a blizzard.

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Wine-Oh, I saw that on the news. Sorry to hear about it! I sure don’t miss that kind of weather!

4. Wine-Oh says:

Its way worse in the midwest. NYC hasnt gotten alot of snow. I dont mind 1 big storm a year so I am looking forward to it. Plus my dog loves to romp in it. However we do not need the weather people billing it as "the storm of the century" only to have it flurry. 🙂

5. HeatherLeigh says:

Yeah, well, they must get paid by the word. I would never count on anything they say.

6. Wine-Oh says:

Reminds me of one of your old postings about peoples last names matching their profession. Theres a weather woman in Chicago whos name is Amy Freeze. That name couldnt be better suited for a weather person in Chicago.

7. Kerry says:

it’s fa-reezing here in Maryland and snow is in the forcast – a whopping 1-2 inches.

8. HeatherLeigh says:

And here people are acting weird because it’s been sunny for about the last 5 days.

9. Brad says:

I was talking with a friend the other day and we were commenting on how Seattle is so like this. We get tired of its weather, and just when you think you can’t take anymore of the gray, our amazing city springs some beautiful weather and we’re reminded again why we live here.

10. Bad_Brad says:

We just got back from San Diego – a trip we planned back in October, assuming that the weather in Seattle would be crummy in late February and we would be sick of crummy weather after three or four months in a row of it.  Of course, the time we are there, it is unseasonably cold (and actually rains) in San Diego and Seattle is unseasonably warm and sunny.  I think it was maybe five degrees warmer there.

11. HeatherLeigh says:

Brad – I’m amazed there have been so many days of it in a row! Of course it rained during my trip to Phoenix this weekend. Surely, it was entirely my fault.

Bad_brad – oh yeah, that was your fault 🙂

Well, that is what we get for having expectaions around weather, I suppose!