Looking for Dim Sum

Can anyone from Seattle recommend a place for Dim Sum; preferrably in the international district? I’m ready for another culinary adventure and it’s been years since I tried Dim Sum. I want to give it another go.

1. Matt Skibbs says:

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/390627 has a few listed that you might like to check out. I highly recommend ChowHound for reviews, overall much more reliable and honest than those I find on CitySearch and other popular review sites.

2. YAG says:

There is a very good Dim Sum place in downtown Seattle called O’Asian. It is where the old Ruth’s Chris used to be on 5th Ave in one of the big towers.

3. Dave says:

House of Hong in the ID

BTW, I jwent to an OUTSTANDING Sushi place in Old Bellevue last night, Ginza. For another time.

4. Matt says:

Purple Dot is good quality, but has a somewhat limited selection.  Stay away from House of Hong – limited and poor quality, IMHO.  New Kowloon is spotty in terms of quality.  Friends keep telling me to go to China Gate, but every time I go, the wait is so long, I go somewhere else (I suspect that’s a good sign).  OAsian is expensive, but high quality.

5. HeatherLeigh says:

So funny, House of Hong came  up in conversation last night. My friend’s dad likes it.  So far, it sounds like O’Asian is a good choice…maybe China Gate.

I’m going to start an open thread for restaurant recommendations. I don’t know why I didn’t think about that before!

6. mrscrooge says:

My friends go to House of Hong, Honey Court in the ID.

7. HeatherLeigh says:

OK, I’m torn. I’m going to ask my friends to read this and make the choice.

8. Tyson says:

The most popular dim-sum place in the ID is definitely Jade Garden, but it’s always packed, especially on the weekends. If you’re willing to go outside of ID, Top Gun in Factoria is also pretty good.

9. Frank Bisono says:

Have you tried China Gate in the International District?  Supposedly the best Dim Sum in Seattle.  Ask for the dim sum menu – I haven’t been disappointed yet!

Frank