Just sick enough

I generally pride myself on my good health. You know, healthy eating, going to the gym, never getting sick. Unfortunatley I said those last three words last week and this is what I get. Allergy season(s), spring and fall, start off with a sore throat and a stuffy head. Just enough to make it hard for me to hear and concentrate, not enough for me to feel like I can take a “sick day”.  Plus I get chills and get all pale. I suspect the longer Iignore it, the longer it continues (though I am taking some version of Tylenol, day and night).

I feel a little weird about napping during the day, but I am somewhere between working from home and calling in sick.

1. Programmerman says:

Hope you feel better soon.  Day-naps always help when feeling bad, though.

2. HeatherLeigh says:

Thanks – I’m going to try gatorade too.

3. --Lisa says:

Feel better, Heather.  I hate that feeling.  I just want to get sick and get done with it.

I hope you have some chicken soup available to you somewhere. I’d offer but shipping it from Florida might impact the quality. 🙂

4. HeatherLeigh says:

I found a box of mac and cheese. It’s organic but I think it might help anyway (bc I am pretty sureorange food coloring cures colds….blue too, hence the gatorade) 🙂 Chicken soup sounds good though. If I can get out of my PJs I may try to get some of that later.

5. egcarter says:

Snort salt-water (or use a Neti Pot).  Sounds gross, I know…but it works.   Nasties live above your upper palate.

Take a very hot bath!

6. HeatherLeigh says:

oh yeah, saline spray. You guys are all so sweet with the recommendations!

7. Kerry says:

Heather – if it is an allergy thing you should try acupuncture.  I have a friend who swears by it.  If it’s a bad cold then I don’t think it will help and in that case.  A nap is what you need!  A nap and a sick day!

8. HeatherLeigh says:

I did a little napping yesterday. I hope today is the day it gets better. Just took some Tylenol Col Head COngestion Severe (yowza!) and I’m probably going back to bed for a while.

I’m so glad I had a case of gatorade in the house. I don’t drink it often but when you need it, you need it.

9. Tim says:

So sorry to hear you’re sick. I’ve been taking care of my kids for 4 days and working from home, but being sick is much worse than taking care of sick people. Just ask a nurse. Nap, nap, nap. It’s probably the only time you’ll ever allow yourself that, right?

10. Torkelson's Bodily Fluids says:

Neti pots work for about a half hour, but they work

11. HeatherLeigh says:

I’m turning the corner today. I think the Doritos helped.