Twenty Questions

One of the things we are doing on our team, which is geographically dispersed, is to play a game of twenty questions. Team members provide the anwers to twenty questions and then the rest of the team tries to guess who it is. Great way to get to know each other. Anyway, I was the victim this week and I thought the questions were clever and my answers were pretty much what you would expect. Anyway, thought I would share here just for fun…and dig the picture (yeah, I was blonde!)

TWENTY Questions with Heather Hamilton!

1.      Which do you spend more money on, a pair of shoes, or a pair of sunglasses? Shoes. let’s not pretend that there’s a big need for sunglasses here.

2.      What is one thing you’ve always meant to do? Travel more, meet anthony bourdain

3.      If you were to describe yourself as a cartoon character, who would you be? i don’t watch cartoons. i have no idea.

4.      If you could break all the rules, which one would you start with? rules are for suckers J except the rule about not replying all. Everyone should follow that one

5.      What would you choose as your theme song? Why? Would you choose a different theme song for your work and personal lives? they don’t write songs about people like me. or at least i don’t like any of them.

6.      What talent would our team members be surprised to hear you have? i’m completely talentless. it’s part of my charm.

7.       Who would you want to play you in the movie about your life (pick for various stages if you like)? scarlett johansen or tommy lee jones. Really, it’s hard to decide.

8.       What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? “would?” that’s funny. Sometimes I get up and log on. Or i clean the house. i also like to lie in bed and think about my “to do” list. It’s loads of fun.

9.      What is the coolest thing YOU think you own and would like to share with us? I’m an only child. not big on sharing. but my favorite new thing(s)? two words: chloe.

10. If you were told right now that you’ve won a 70 million dollar lottery, how would you spend the moolah? lots of travel, lots of wine, big house on the beach, personal chef

11.   What are you wearing today which is most reflective of who you are? sarcasm

12. WHAT CHARACTERISTICS IN PEOPLE DO YOU DISLIKE? dishonesty, verbosity, self-promotion

13. ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT PERSON? morning – always, evening – sometimes

14. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?  roller skates (i had the ones that looked like tennis shoes…yeah, i was cool)

15. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE ? when i was little, i wanted to be a kid. Good thing, because I was a kid. i was hoping to bE a lawyer or archaeologist when i grew up.

16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY? abba zabba, but i’m pretty much off the sugar now, so trader joe’s sugar free chocolate is in my freezer

17. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE EVER BEEN FROM HOME? bangkok and beijing.

18. CATS OR DOGS? animal lover in general but if i had to choose; dogs.

19. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?    volkswagen bus (see comment above about how cool i was)

20. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE REALITY STAR?  )      No favorite. They are all pretty annoying which makes them so much fun to watch. i think that is the point.

1. thom singer says:

Abba Zabba?  Wow, that is a random favorite candy.

2. HeatherLeigh says:

Do you remember it? It was great if you froze it and then smacked it against the counter so it broke up. I love peanut butter. I’m sure all my non-American readers are gagging.

The other one was Zero bars but I doubt anyone remembers that one. Oddly, also great frozen.

3. NativeWizdom says:

Scarlett … hmmmm… don’t see it.

TL Jones…see it.

Lawyer…hmmm ..been there done that…can see you being a lawyer…sarcasm works well in law…not professors tho.

Enough about Tony B.

-NW.

4. HeatherLeigh says:

Native – it was a joke. I have little in common with either of them.

Also, Tony B….oh there will be more Tony B. Because I love him.

5. crawdad13 says:

I love this game…Can I play?

6. HeatherLeigh says:

Of course! Cut and paste the questions into the comments.

7. William says:

Wow I’m surprised more people did not respond to such great questions

1.      WHICH DO YOU SPEND MORE MONEY ON, A PAIR OF SHOES, OR A PAIR OF SUNGLASSES? Well if you exclude my prescription sunglasses it would have to be my black Cole Haan loafers that I picked up in San Diego since my feet were killing me working at a technology trade show.

2.      WHAT IS ONE THING YOU’VE ALWAYS MEANT TO DO? I asked my wife to answer this exact question for me and she said I wanted to work for Microsoft – no kidding.

3.      IF YOU WERE TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS A CARTOON CHARACTER, WHO WOULD YOU BE?  I would have to say the Wile Coyote but with better gadget success at catching the Road Runner – lets just say there would be another white meat.

4.      IF YOU COULD BREAK ALL THE RULES, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU START WITH?  Ah the trick psychological question that I will say depends on the rules.

5.        WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE AS YOUR THEME SONG? WHY? WOULD YOU CHOOSE A DIFFERENT THEME SONG FOR YOUR WORK AND PERSONAL LIVES? Well it would not be “We will rock you” from the WSU BB game yesterday after they lost. Did the airplane spoof have a theme song?

6.      WHAT TALENT WOULD OUR TEAM MEMBERS BE SURPRISED TO HEAR YOU HAVE?  I can balance two forks and a quarter on the tip of a needle and I used to be able to do the splits –not at the same time.

7.       WHO WOULD YOU WANT TO PLAY YOU IN THE MOVIE ABOUT YOUR LIFE (PICK FOR VARIOUS STAGES IF YOU LIKE)? Who’s the guy from Napoleon Dynamite?

8        WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD INSOMNIA AND HAD TO FIND SOMETHING TO DO TO AMUSE YOURSELF? Yeah like this is a dumb question – typically I peruse favorite websites/blogs web, read tons of magazine but hardly ever books, play electronic games, and try to answer question like #10

9.      WHAT IS THE COOLEST THING YOU THINK YOU OWN AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US? I have a lucky rabbits foot that received when I was little which I still use as a laptop bag tag after xx years. Actually for the longest time I did not know they were real. Also I have one of the original WebPADs submitted in the first 1:1 education computing initiate that I set up for the Governor of Maine and helped create the companion student carrying case with Case Logic back in 2000.

10. IF YOU WERE TOLD RIGHT NOW THAT YOU’VE WON A 70 MILLION DOLLAR LOTTERY, HOW WOULD YOU SPEND THE MOOLAH?  Actually full answer depends on if this number is before or after taxes? Like most people I would buy the usual things like new house, car, RV, and the crazy Netjet membership along with a complete server farm in the basement. But I would also try to find a way to work or give back to others like trying to provide better technology in schools and retirement homes. Both of these require two different approaches since knowledge and comfort of technology can span miles between the ages– maybe the Microsoft touch table can solve these two problems : )  Attend tons of trade show since you will find creative technology in the most unlikely spaces that can be used by other sector. Also find ways to enable more green technology, home automation, and “World Peace!” (from Miss Congeniality).

11.   WHAT ARE YOU WEARING TODAY WHICH IS MOST REFLECTIVE OF WHO YOU ARE? Blue Jeans and hiking boots

12. WHAT CHARACTERISTICS IN PEOPLE DO YOU DISLIKE? People who are dishonest, vindictive, and people that look down on the importance of people in lesser roles. I have always believed that all people can have great ideas or suggestions and we should always keep that in perspective. At work I always talk to the people that picks up our trash, delivers the mail, fills the first aid container, and the people on the manufacturing line.

13. ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT PERSON?  Always a night person

14. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?  I had more than one: matchbox cars, erector set, legos, tinker toys, telescope, microscope, old handheld electronic games from the late 70’s and 80’s, and the BB gun

15. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE ? Shoot I do not know – maybe a fireman

16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY? Green apple sour straws and apple jolly ranchers

17. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE EVER BEEN FROM HOME?  Beijing and Shanghai China

18. CATS OR DOGS? I’m a dog person but we have 3 cats due to my daughter and I have to admit we can leave the house for a weekend and not have to worry about the cats compared to a dog.

19. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Ford Fiesta till a lady ran a stop sign a couple months after I received my license and totaled my car. I then ended up driving my mom’s ford escort station wagon with wood paneling and a roof rack even during college – ugh

20. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE REALITY STAR? Yeah right!

8. crawdad13 says:

I keep trying to put my Q&A here but it won’t seem to let me

9. Darren Cox says:

1. WHICH DO YOU SPEND MORE MONEY ON, A PAIR OF SHOES, OR A PAIR OF SUNGLASSES?  Shoes, specifically ECCO shoes.  I have had the same pair of Revo shades for 4 years (a personal record).  The particular shoe buying affliction which I am cursed with is a sickness for which there is no known cure.

2. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU’VE ALWAYS MEANT TO DO?  Become a Big Brother for Big Brothers & Big Sisters of America (I was a little brother from the time I was 6 and my Big Brother and I are still close)

3. IF YOU WERE TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS A CARTOON CHARACTER, WHO WOULD YOU BE?  Most of the time I would be the Tasmanian Devil, but sometimes I feel more like Wile-E-Coyote.

4. IF YOU COULD BREAK ALL THE RULES, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU START WITH?  The rule that says it isn’t OK to purposely crash into people who are being idiots while driving…or maybe the rule that says I have to pay for the stuff I want.

5. WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE AS YOUR THEME SONG? WHY? WOULD YOU CHOOSE A DIFFERENT THEME SONG FOR YOUR WORK AND PERSONAL LIVES?  For my personal life I could have a whole bunch of different songs:  “Basket Case” – Green Day, “Riding the storm out” – REO Speedwagon, “Up With People” – Up With People, “Jump”  – Van Halen, “Faithfully” – Journey… It all depends on my mood and which phase of my life we are talking about here, but I guess the one that kind of says it all is “You may be right” –  Billy Joel.

For work my theme song would definitely be “if I had a Million Dollars” – Bare Naked Ladies

6. WHAT TALENT WOULD OUR TEAM MEMBERS BE SURPRISED TO HEAR YOU HAVE?  I would be surprised if anyone, looking at me, knew that I was once a highly ranked diver.

7. WHO WOULD YOU WANT TO PLAY YOU IN THE MOVIE ABOUT YOUR LIFE (PICK FOR VARIOUS STAGES IF YOU LIKE)?   Well, the most appropriate choice would be (maybe unfortunately) Drew carey.  But who would I actually LIKE to play me… Al Pacino (though he’s much older) or Christian Bale (because who wouldn’t want to look like Christian Bale)

8. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD INSOMNIA AND HAD TO FIND SOMETHING TO DO TO AMUSE YOURSELF?  Good lord, if I had the answer to that question I wouldn’t even be me.  I never know what to do when everyone else is asleep.  My college buddies still give me crap about having never seen me actually sleep.  I was always up when they went to bed, and I was always gone by the time they got up.  Now I just do the hardest Sudoku’s I can find and I read anything I can get my hands on.

9. WHAT IS THE COOLEST THING YOU THINK YOU OWN AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US?  I don’t own them, but the coolest thing in my life is my two little girls.  They are awesome people.  I don’t believe being a parent is mandatory for a fulfilling life, but if they were going to do a recruiting poster for parenthood, in my case it could easily say “You’ll spend at least 60 minutes each day Laughing your ass off.”  I wish I could share that with everyone.

10. IF YOU WERE TOLD RIGHT NOW THAT YOU’VE WON A 70 MILLION DOLLAR LOTTERY, HOW WOULD YOU SPEND THE MOOLAH?  I’d set up a $1 million trust for each of my children that could only be spent on Education and Travel.  I’d give some to the Gates Foundation.  I’d use a bunch to start an organization that would help people figure out how to navigate the BS that you have to go through just to get a good education.  I would endow scholarships for kids who age-out of the foster care system so that they could continue to go to high school and college and have the same opportunities that most people have available to them through their families.  After having done that, I would buy land somewhere warm and personally design and build the best golf course ever.

11. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING TODAY THAT IS MOST REFLECTIVE OF WHO YOU ARE?  A hat that Says Mississippi Dunes Golf links

12. WHAT CHARACTERISTICS IN PEOPLE DO YOU DISLIKE?  Lying or (Maybe Worse) not committing to something so one doesn’t technically have to lie, even though the truth is known. tardiness, xenophobia, people who always feel they are a victim, unfounded fear of risk, and any personal characteristic that one does not attempt to overcome that keeps one from being smarter, knowing more and understanding the world outside of one’s own limited field of vision.

13. ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT PERSON?  The only time I am ever a morning person is when I have an early tee-time.  I do however like to get up early because i like to be ahead of everyone else (Can you say Type AAA+++)

14. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?  My Bike

15. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?  Big!

16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY?   Peanut butter M&M’s and Freezy Pops (I know not really candy, but that is my sweet snack of choice)

17. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE EVER BEEN FROM HOME? I once spent 17 ½ days away from my wife and family because of travel…That is the furthest I have ever been from home

18. CATS OR DOGS?  Dogs…Big, old Kissy-love dogs that just love you all the time and lay right next to you on the floor so you can scratch their bellies

19. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?    1973 Chevy Bel-Air.  My Friends called it the piss-bucket.  It was yellow with green vinyl interior and shook uncontrollably at speeds over 35 miles per hour

20. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE REALITY STAR?  I am