Happy Holidays, Y’all

Just wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays. Oh yes, I am one of those politically correct “happy holidays” people….so if you are celebrating something, I hope it’s a good one. And if you aren’t, then have a nice day. And if you are offended by “happy holidays”, feel free to move along.

I’m not really much of a holiday celebrator. If my people didn’t celebrate them, I could go through this entire month sans overeating, Christmas carols, screaming children at the mall. But the fact is that a bunch of people that I really care about care about Christmas. And I love bringing sugary treats over to their houses and watching the kids smoosh them into their faces and then lose their damn minds while opening presents. Good stuff (including the part where I get to leave them with the mayhem I helped create) and totally worth the food hangover I am experiencing now. Only 2 more official days of merriment before I can take a break (b-day is Wednesday….yay, I stayed alive for another year! Can we go easy on the food on my b-day please?).

Personally, I care more about the passing of the year than any of this other stuff.  My close friends know that this year totally sucked for me (except for work, which has been great). So it’s to those friends that I owe a huge THANK YOU for getting me through all this shizz (you know who you are). I’ve decided that the bad stuff is officially over as soon as 2007 is. And 2008 is the year when I take good care of me! Over and out.

1. NativeWizdom says:

RBAU!! Happy Holidays to you and your readers.

2. mrscrooge says:

Hey Hamilton, I know exactly what you mean when you say you’re not much of a holiday celebrator. Join the club :). I’ve been in extended hiding from any and all shopping areas since last week. I’d have to say that the absolute worst thing is the salvation army bell ringers. I’m sorry, but thats the most annoying thing in the world.

Hope you do something fun for yourself on wed (I don’t like ‘celebrating’ bdays myself…see any pattern, hmm?) and I’m gonna bet 2008 is going to be a kick-ass year for you. Peace…

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Scrooge, you just have to not make eye contact with the Salvation Army people. Sounds mean but still…don’t like feeling pressured to give.

I did a little too much shopping. Glad it’s starting to wind down. I’m having dinner with friends tomorrow. Very low key (and then some time with other friends this week to  somehow acknowledge the b-day but I’m with you on the whole "celebrating" thing….it’s a kind of self-indulgence that’s always felt a little embarrassing to me).  I guess the other fun thing I’ll be doing is getting my butt back into the gym. I feel gross after the holidays.

4. Pat says:

Merry belated Christmas to you HH!  I  am not politically correct about this holiday because it is mine to celebrate and I like it!  Except of course from the overeating, overstimulated children, and over everything ;-).   Happy Birthday yesterday as well, another year older and wiser?

5. HeatherLeigh says:

Well, older at least (and better looking…hee!)! How was your emergency landing? I bet that added some excitement to YOUR Christmas!

6. Kerry says:

Happy Holidays to you too!  I enjoy reading your blog very much!

7. Kthomps7 says:

Merry Christmas.  Ditto Kerry’s comment — I enjoy reading your blog, too.

Sorry to hear you haven’t had a *great* year…guess it makes sense you wouldn’t go there for your ‘blogvoyants’ 🙂

Well, here’s hoping you have a great 2008…whatever that ends up meaning to you!!

8. HeatherLeigh says:

Kerry and Kthomps7…thanks so much! Yeah, I don’t share everything here. There is a significant part of my personal life that I leave off the blog. Not quite sure whether that is obvious to people or if they think I am just a lonely lady living with her dog. : ) I almost feel like it’s unfair for me to share that part and others to be able to read/comment without reciprocating. Maybe someday I will share more. But for now, I enjoy sharing what I can and I’m glad that people care enough to read it. Thanks for the nice comments.