My pants are saving the world…

…or at least their marketing teams want you to think so. Purchased yesterday: Citizens for Humanity and 7 for All Mankind. Hmm, benevolent.

And if that is the case, then my new sweats are street-walkers: Juicy (Yes, Denise, I just did something I said I would never do, but they are intended for airline travel only and they don’t match! And they were totally over-priced!).

The only way for me to rationalize those jeans brand names is to assume that they are meant for Generation Y (those crazy, energetic do-gooders) and I should just be happy that they fit.

1. crawdad13 says:

my socks have done some really impactful work in the area of outreach to homeless teens, but I agree, your pants are still making a bigger mark.

2. crawdad13 says:

….wait, that came out wrong;)

3. tod hilton says:

See, you don’t need to worry about Facebook publicizing your purchases…you do it all by yourself!  🙂

4. Well that certainly got my attention!!!

5. HeatherLeigh says:

crawdad–heehee…I know what you meant. I don’t have any insecurities about the size of my pants. I’m not telling anyone the size, but it’s not an issue for me 🙂

td – heck, I’m proud to have fashion sense! It’s not exactly running rampant around this part of the Pacific NW! (That was not directed at you in a paersonal way….but did you ever end up getting new shoes?).

MN- catchy subject line, huh?

6. Bad_Brad says:

This reminds me of the SNL skit that they did on George Michael where he says, "You want to touch my butt.  World problems could be solved if people would just look at my butt."

7. HeatherLeigh says:

"You cannot deny the power of my butt"

Or am I just imaginging that he said that?

8. crawdad13 says:

look at it… you can’t look away!  go ahead… Buff it!

9. HeatherLeigh says:

I bet it’s on YouTube

10. Tim says:

It is a weird thing, this purchasing for humanity thing, isn’t it? I understand the concept: buy things you would anyway and do some good while you’re purchasing. I think it’s a great concept, but people should never confuse it with actual giving (which according to generousgiving.org has gone done in America considerably over the last 50 or so years). I know Heather, you do not confuse the two, but do you think other people blur the line between consumerism and giving?

Just a lunchtime query!

11. HeatherLeigh says:

This isn’t like the Gap red campaign. These are just brand names, not giving campaigns. I wonder about the type of person that confuses spending and giving. I think what you are trying to say is that some companies use it as a marketing ploy to get people to buy more stuff. I thikn that the average American probalby knows that only a small portion of the purchased price gets donated. When  have bought stuff from the Gap, I knew that. But at the same time, it did feel a little good to know that some small amount was donated.

12. Tim says:

Oh, I’m so out of it, Heather. I need to go back into the woods.