Thanks and I’m back

Thanks to everyone who reached out to me last week with words of support. I’m always surprised when people reference me helping people with this blog. I never really think about it that way much; it’s just what I do. And it’s what I enjoy doing. I’m sure I get more out of it than anyone else. Anyway, I was so pleasantly surprised and encouraged by the e-mails I received (and the comments on my last post). So thank you. So much! It absolutely did make a difference to know that people were thinking about me.

I have learned a lot recently about the human psyche and how people process feelings when bad things happen. I’ve learned a lot about myself. I’ve learned that you can be strong and get your ugly cry on at the same time. I’ve learned that there are no “right” or “wrong” ways to work through things and the best you can do is to feel what you need to feel completely. I’ve found that the peoples personal styles are in full bloom when they deal with adversity and for me, that meant committing to feeling bad, dwelling on it even, in order to process things and then put it in a quiet place in my mind.

So anyway, wanted to let you know that I am feeling much better! And as much as I tend to be a glass-half-empty person (I prefer to think of it as being a “problem solver”), I’m deciding that things are going to be better. So I am back…and thanks!

1. Tim says:

Aw, Heather. I’m so sorry to read your last post! And now I’m happy to read this post! This is what I get for being out of your life for a couple weeks.

So good that you had wonderful comments on your blog during your rough times. I wish I’d been there for you, but I’d probably have given you bad advice ("You should drink. That’s what my people do.")

Glad you’re back to your half-fullest self!

2. HeatherLeigh says:

Tim – our people must be very similar 🙂

3. Bad_Brad says:

See if you can spot this one …

"My advice to you … is to start drinking heavily."

Seriously, glad to hear that you’re doing better.

4. HeatherLeigh says:

That’s movie line, right? OK, it sounds familiar so I think it’s a movie that I have seen (which is not many). Thinking…

5. Wine-Oh says:

Whispers to Heather…"The answer is Animal House"

6. HeatherLeigh says:

Oh man, I haven;t seen that movie, just snippets. But now that you mention it, that makes sense! Thanks for whispering 🙂 haha.

7. RJD says:

OMG!  FeedGhost didn’t pull the two prior posts for some reason, so I missed out on why we were missing you.  I’m so sorry to hear of your losses, and I do hope you’re feeling better.  According to Feedburner, you have at least 154 shoulders (assuming you’re not partial to right or left) to lean on when you need to.

And, don’t worry–even though I’ve seen Animal House a number of times (and relived some of it), I missed the line, too.

8. HeatherLeigh says:

RJD – thanks! (I didn’t know I had that many subscribers in feedburner…I use bloglines….cool!)

9. NativeWizdom says:

I am sooooo far behind reading blogs. 🙁

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. When I was a senior in high school, my dad and his parents passed away in Oct – Dec. One in each month.    Although it was sometime ago, I still think of them when these months come around.

Keep your head up. Remember the good as well as the bad times because they will form the fondest memories of the one you have lost.

HTHs.

NativeWizdom

10. HeatherLeigh says:

thanks Native 🙂

11. WilliamM says:

Hi Heather,

Glad to see you blogging again.

Not sure what happened but hopefully the solar Hidamari no Tami smiley face I sent you a long time ago still works and gives you some happy thoughts on that down day.

Best Regards,