The coolest name at Microsoft

Isn't a product name.  Oh man, I want a number in my name. My co-workers often call me h2 but M3 invented the coolness. I'd just be an imitator.

(And yes, his name in the address book is M3)

1. Shahar Prish says:

There’s also a K7.

There are also a slew of people with "." as a first name.

Coolness incarnate.

2. HeatherLeigh says:

They appear to be in the India sub. I suppose people who go by one sungular name (you know, like Cher) have to enter both a first and last name into the system and the "." takes the place of the first name.

Hey, I could be ". h2"…sounds all chemically

3. wine-oh says:

Yes but doesnt H2 prompt people calling you H2O or H squared? K2 sounds very Star wars to me and next people will be called R2D2 or C3PO.

4. wine-oh says:

PS-

Im working on a project at work where all the developers are named Dan. There are 3 of them. I call them Dan Cubed.

5. HeatherLeigh says:

wine-oh, not so far. People call each other by their aliases, and I find heath-ham a little awkward. K2 makes me think of skiing. I get HH a lot too. I’m not seriously considering a name change, just to be clear ๐Ÿ™‚ When you have a name that doens’t have an abvioous nickname, I guess pepole improvise.

6. wine-oh says:

I know it all to well. Cuz my real name is long people think they can shorten it. I am much happier when they ask first and then I tell them no, versus the people who automatically assume they have the power to call you what they want.

7. Zero says:

Actually, having a number in your name could be detrimental.

In my case, my first name IS a number (spelled out of course,) which back in the early 70’s my parents thought would be really, really cool in a zen sorta way.  Yep, they were hippies.

It’s hard to be taken seriously with a number in the name… haven’t used it in years.  ๐Ÿ™‚

8. HeatherLeigh says:

That is REALLY your name? Wow! Yeah, I can’t blame you for not using it. Could they have picked a higher number? ๐Ÿ™‚

9. mrscrooge says:

There used to be a Samuel or Sam guy whose alias was conveniently enough – ‘samurai’.

I know of a few other really cool ones but they still exist in the GAL so… ๐Ÿ˜›