Tape worms can be fun….

OK, probably not really. But some of our friends overseas may have a different perspective on little itchy critters. Ummm, I guess that’s definitely seeing the positive side of things. Of course, now I’m incredibly troubled by the idea of eyelash mites.

1. Wine-Oh says:

Im troubled by the fact each parasite got a name… 🙂

2. Microsoftian says:

How do you find this?  Or what sort of weird sicko sends you these things?…

3. HeatherLeigh says:

A weird Microsoftie sicko : )

4. Kevin says:

Now I’m worried that – as "one of our overseas friends" – the reason my tapeworms don’t tell me jokes is because I bite my nails.

Like it’s not bad enough that my fingertips are sore all the time, I have to live with the bad karma that comes from irritating a poor little worm who has nowhere else to go.

Man, life is just one bummer after another. 🙂

Kev

PS – the "overseas" friends in question appear to be based in Seattle, WA. It’s you lot who are wierd, not us. 🙂

5. HeatherLeigh says:

I probably need to check the encyclopedia, but I’m not sure of the connection between fingernails and tape worms. Hmph, shows what aI know.

I think the store where the merchandise is found is in Seattle, but my guess, from the text on the site is that the manufacturer/creator is not. Just based on the rough translation to English that results in phrases like "One day Holly was a lonely girl with not the friend".  Though I should point out that the only person that I said was weird was the person that sent this to me…and he knew this already : )

6. Tim says:

Nope, Kelvin is right. Accoutrements is none other than Archie McPhee, based in Seattle. And a great place to buy stuff you don’t need. Tapeworms extra.

7. HeatherLeigh says:

Well, then the rough verbiage on the site is inexcusable. Sersiously, do you think they did it on purpose to make it look like an import? Must have.

8. Tim says:

I think so. I don’t know what they put in the water at that company, but I want some of it.

9. Gordon says:

If there is a positive side to parasites, this guy has found it: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2006/4/30/91945/8971

Of course, it’s still not what I would call warm and fuzzy.

10. HeatherLeigh says:

whoah, I think a warm and fuzzy hookworm or tapeworm could be even worse than the regular variety!