Future Microsoft employee delivered at 65 MPH

Microsoft employee Brian Kirkman and wife Liz raced to the hospital where they planned to deliver baby, Juliet. The kid had other plans.

King 5 News

Seattle Times

“she propped her leg up on the dashboard and delivered Juliet as her husband drove in the I-5 carpool lane.”

1. Sushant says:

"He managed to stay on the road." – HAHAHAHA!!! That is a funny story.

2. Lauren Smith says:

"Filed under: Microsoft recruiting…"

What about all that talk about the importance of an MBA??

3. TAG says:

It’s all about schedules.

Microsoft employees are unable to plan neither software nor baby delivery 😉

4. HeatherLeigh says:

Lauren – you caught that, huh? I thought it was kind of funny to file it under recruiting. Hey, smart people know smart people.

TAG – gee, are you an obstetrician or something? The idea of scheduling child birth; that’s cute, if not a little naive. Thanks for stopping by.

5. Wine-Oh says:

Im more shocked to read this is her 6th baby and shes only 28? WOA! Sounds like she has an MBA in having babies.

6. HeatherLeigh says:

It’s her seventh! I don’t judge when it comes to that stuff. I’m certainly not doing anything to ensure the survival of the species : )

7. eR0CK says:

Wow … good work by the Dad reading up on deliveries!

8. Dave Lefkow says:

I can definitely sympathize with that one…

I delivered my daughter a year and a half ago in the bathroom at Swedish Medical Center – I consider us lucky that we didn’t have it in the car, but it was pretty harrowing all the same!

Good luck to the new parents!

9. HeatherLeigh says:

wow…were you in the waiting room too long or something? We didn’t know about this hidden talent for delivering babies, Dave!

10. Dave Lefkow says:

No reflection on the Swedish Medical Center waiting room staff at all!

We literally got to the hospital, my wife bolted for the bathroom in the ER and then started yelling for someone to come in. There was an orderly that fortunately had a key, and I had just enough time to bust in and catch the baby.

Needless to say, the rest of the patients in the emergency room were stunned when I walked out holding the baby!

11. HeatherLeigh says:

Oh my gawd! I hope they at least gave you a round of applause and some free scrubs. A catchers mit maybe? Have you already heard all these stupid one liners? Probably.