One pair of hiking boots used twice in seven years

There’s no fashion in hiking. You need proof?

That’s my dad and me hiking at Superstition Mountain on Thanksgiving morning. I thought my glasses/hat combo was pretty special.

1. vicki says:

I can hear that song "Very Superstitious" in my head now… nice picture of you and your dad. You look too happy for something so cardio-demanding. 😉

2. HeatherLeigh says:

This wasn’t too long after I took a big hit off my inhaler so I was OK : ) Actually, this was a situation where regular workouts served me well. I didn’t have any trouble zipping up the trail. It wasn’t a very challenging one though. Novices, you know.

3. RJD says:

That hat is certainly "special".  But still a great memory nonetheless.  I know he’s a dad, but has anyone mentioned the demise of the butt-purse to your pop?

4. HeatherLeigh says:

Dude…RJD…didn’t you see what I said? There’s no fashion in hiking. I would have used one too if I had brought one. You wear stuff around your belt that you can’t carry. It’s all about function. Is there anything pretty about what I’m wearing? I think not.

5. RJD says:

But the snazzy triple striped shorts and wifebeater!  You could almost see that on a runway in Milan.  I skipped ahead to the good part and missed that first sentence entirely.

6. HeatherLeigh says:

OK, it wasn’t technically a "wife-beater". It’s more like a sleeveless t-shirt. But close.  It was a big deal for me to post this. #1, I know full well the fashion is bad. #2, I was dirty…covered in dust and sweat. #3, I drank too much water and was trying to make my way down hill as quickly as possible. I’m trying to be less vain…can’t you tell? : )OMG, why did I post this? There is nothing attractive going on here! Nothing!

7. HeatherLeigh says:

Oh, and you should have seen the hiking boots. I selected a picture without the boots. Because the boots would have been too much!

8. RJD says:

Were they scrunch boots?  Those are making a comeback.  There’s something oddly compelling in a story about a poorly dressed, dusty, sweaty gal who has to pee.  And her dad.