Wherein I make a complete hypocrite of myself

We had day one of our Global HR Summit today (HR folks from around the world fly in to Redmond for the event). I have pictures to share from the social event we had tonight but have to figure out how to scan them or something. I need to unburden myself of one other fact first.

At said social event, there was a chocolate fountain. And I partook of the chocolate fountain with a miniature rice crispy treat no less. I think last week I said I’d rather eat dirt than a Twinkie and I stand by that. However, it seems that today, I had a metaphorical hankering for potting soil and that chocolate fountain came in handy. It was goo-ood.

Please forgive me.

PS: to my credit, I avoided the Rock-araoke stage but thoroughly enjoyed those that didn’t and I also revisited my youth by losing in both air hockey and foosball.

1. eR0CK says:

Chocolate fountains rock!  I usually go for the stawberries and dip them in the fountain 🙂  Not too healthy, but it sure is delicious.

No Rock-araoke?  I put you as the adventourous type!?  I’m sure all of us would thoroughly enjoy a little YouTube (is that cliché now since Google owns YouTube today?) video of you singing!

2. HeatherLeigh says:

Yeah, you are probably never going to see such a video. One thing that I learned at these multi-day, work-related events is that drinking, though it sounds like a good idea at the time, makes for a rough next day (and a rough next workout). So I lacked the liquid motivation to get onstage. I’m even feeling the sugar this morning. Bleh.

3. Patblue says:

HA! I was at an event like this recently for Windows Live -MSN.  Coworkers and I were remembering the days of old  – when I was a young buck at Microsoft and would literally just stand by the booze table consuming as much ‘free’ alcohol that I possibly could.  Now at events, you can find me parked beside the chocolate fountain consuming as much as I can, and not holding interest in booze because I have to work the next day.  Funny how times change.

4. eR0CK says:

I can relate!  I try my best to drink very little when I’m in an environment where I know people will be judging my actions.  I tend to say things in poor taste and sing karaoke until my hearts content, even after just a few drinks.  Hope that head feels better!

P.S.  When I have a morning-after ‘sugar’ headache, some junk food always help.  For me, that’s a sloppy double whopper!

5. Jim S says:

I’m pretty sure that Willy Wonka had a chocolate fountain in his foyer.

6. HeatherLeigh says:

Patblue-we are getting old.

eRock-I’ve probably had too much event food. I need a break from food!

Jim S- ours wage huge though. Was his huge?

7. Mark Tookey says:

Oh Heather!

How could you succumb to the lure of the chocolate fountain! You may have single-handedly prolonged the shelf life of the product by a whole extra Christmas…

8. HeatherLeigh says:

I know, but i didn’t buy it. My guess is that our catering on campus owns it. It was so tall!