There’s stuff flying at my sleepy head

I don’t know if it was the fact that I’ve been working out harder than usual lately or that I am eating a lot of fish. Every once in a great while, in the middle of the night, I experience what I think of as phantom dive-bombers. In my twilight sleepiness, I become aware of something in the room dive-bombing my head. Typically, it’s some kind of bug that bears an uncanny resemblance to a bi-plane, but for the long, dwindly, trolling legs that drag behind it (the better to freak you out with). I open my eyes to the phantom closing in on it’s target; shades of my regular falling off a cliff dream. Jolt, twitch. And then later I wake up with that weird feeling where I don’t know what was real and what was imagined. There doesn’t seem to be a bi-plane bug in my house. Jonas, have you seen a bi-plane bug?

Last night, I fell asleep watching Miami Ink and, I kid you not, my phantom dive bomber was a tattoo.

1. patblue says:

A divebombing bug? If the problem continues check out a sleep clinic. I went there with problems of insomnia and restless sleep…They video taped me, some times I appeared to be wide awake, though I was sound asleep — very trippy.

2. HeatherLeigh says:

It really only happens every once in a long while. The exercise has significantly reduced my insomnia. I’ve heard that active dreaming is a sign of good health (vitamin D levels, if I recall correctly). I’m not sure if this counts though.

3. Kit says:

I used to have a dream of being swallowed up into a Rolling machine eevry year like once since I was little until around the time where I was 24 years old. It was weird. It got to the point where I was not scared of it. It never goes all the way through where I was swallowed up – just that I was getting there.

Do you dream in colors? I do at times. I heard that was good too. The majority of the people dream in black and white.

Lately I had dreams of where I am breaking really hard when the car in front of me puts on the brake hard. I can feel the car lunging forward and the dream ends. I think it is because of all those Allstate car insurance commercial I have been watching lately where there is a crash. I do not like that dream though. It makes me nervous.

4. Wine-Oh says:

Glad you werent watching Jaws.

5. eR0CK says:

Wow. That’s quite a dream. I never have too many dreams, perhaps I’m not healthy? I go to the gym five days a week so maybe I’m too tired to dream? Who knows, good luck with the divebombers!

6. tod hilton says:

Stop drinking the cheap stuff! If you need a nightcap, go for the black label. :)

7. Wine-Oh says:

I tried posting this before but I dont think it went through.

I am glad you werent watching Jaws. (Cue Cello Music!) Or you would be visited by sharks!

8. HeatherLeigh says:

It’s amazing how much stuff you see on TV seeps into your dreams. Happens to me all the time. I get the falling off a cliff one but there’s really no plot-line, I’m just falling and jolt awake. Then the college one where Ididn’t study for a final. Not many more that happen regularly.

eRock, eat a bunch of cheese one day and see if you remember your dreams. I heard once that you actually dream every night the difference is whether you actually remember them. Have you ever had one of those mornings where you wake up and feel weird and you think it was probably a weird dream but you don’t remember it? I have that all the time too.

tod- can’t blame that either. Unless by cheap stuff you mean caffeine free diet coke. : )

Wine-Oh- I shouldn’t be online so late at night. Perhaps Jaws will make an appearance in my dream tonight.

9. peter adams says:

Right before I sleep I’ve started to think of people who I would love to sleep with. Depending on how my brain functions at night, I can usually cross a name of the list :)

10. HeatherLeigh says:

Wow Peter, it works just like that? : )