Some people should not use the Internets

Whether they are a tube or a truck. It’s funny, it’s disconcerting. It’s like listening to the rapping granny.

I’m not going to get all political here. But this is just 17 different kinds of wrong. And now it’s all over the Internets.

1. Joel says:

Could you please enumerate all of the ways this is wrong Heather? Because all I can see is one big "nyuh unh".

2. HeatherLeigh says:

What is a "nyuh unh"?

You seriously can’t tell what is wrong with that transcript? Has anyone sent you an internet lately? You know, through the tubes, not the truck.

Seriously, if that’s your attempt to tell us you don’t think it’s ridiculous…puhleez.

3. Tim says:

Although I don’t think it’s going to go as far as Al Gore’s vision of inventing the Internet or Dan Quayle’s "Potatoe" (do you remember the poor kid who didn’t want to ad an "e" on the end?), it’s pretty good political humor. And we all need to laugh at our politicians, so we don’t cry our eyes out.

4. HeatherLeigh says:

Tim, I absolutely agree. I love to poke fun at Al Gore’s claim. The thing abuot this particular one though is that goes on for so long. I just want to say "Buddy, you don’t even know the difference between an e-mail and the internet; please don’t try to describe net neutrality".

I can think of a whole range of things I would struggle to explain, but I have the sense to not to try in the first place.

5. Bhaskar says:

I watched Mr.Chairman’s comment on ‘The Daily Show with Jon Stewart’ and was under the impression that it was a fake news.But later I realised that it was very true.

Being and Immigrant and working for IT sector I am really shocked and appalled with Chairman’s speech.

Does the House have a criteria for selecting the Chairman or do they select people who are watching only Sci-Fi channels from 1970’s…

6. HeatherLeigh says:

Bhaskar- that is a good question! Maybe they just have to have a phone that doesn’t have a rotary dial. Or they have to have ridden in a car ; )

7. tod hilton says:

Yeah, Senator Stevens plants his head firmly up his rear-end with this one. I saw it last week and started to post about it, but honestly just got too irritated when I found out that he’s the Chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation..after that I blew it off in disgust.

By the way, check out the pictures of Ted and his wife on his site ( Is it just me or does his wife look more like she should be his daughter?  :-O

8. HeatherLeigh says:

Yeah, she sure does. Being someone who likes older men myself (younger ones too…harhar), I’d say that there seems to be a significant age gap or else she has done a great job of taking care of herself.

I wonder if there are just some senators that aren’t suited for any committees and they have to slate them somewhere and to reward them for their flexibility, they give them the chairmanship.

I can understand someone being on a committee and not being expertly articulate on the details (there can be a gap between understanding and articulating…I’m trying to be kind here). But the degree of cluelessness is astounding oops, so much for the kindness). And you don’t need a technical background to know when to clam up.

9. tod hilton says:

Older or younger, eh? Too funny!

You hit the nail on the head with "know when to clam up." Either have a statement prepared by someone who knows what they’re talkin about or just keep your trap shut.

10. HeatherLeigh says:

Yeah, most important is that they think I am fascinating but act indifferent (hah! and my family wonders why I am still single!).

About having a statement prepared…beware the follow up question! Press release!

11. Senator Ray Johnson says:

Press release? But the press release, uh, it’s on paper, it’s uh a series of dots on paper, and the dots, uh, the dots just spray all over the paper, and when they’re done there are words on the paper. See, I know how the words get on the paper, one of my staffers sent me words on paper the other day, and when I asked him how the words got on the paper he told me. But what I’m, uh, where do the words come from before they go on the paper? They can’t, uh, deliver words in a truck, so where do they come from – oh, uh, yes, the tubes, they fall through the Internets, uh, the tubes, and they fall on the paper. But one of my staffers told me the words, uh, the letters, the dots, there are more e dots in there, more dots that want to be the letter e, so when they fall through the tubes, they clog the tubes, all those dots that want to be in the letter e. So those dots should cost more than the dots that only want to be other letters, like c or 8. So then we can pay for bigger tubes so the dots can fall through without clogging those tubes too much, uh, clogged tubes are bad for you. But this way the companies will have lots of money to give to, uh, to my campaign, uh, oh, you just don’t understand me!

12. HeatherLeigh says:

Oh Senator, you are very funny. Your dot matrix printer is so web 2.0

13. Senator Ted Stevens won the bake-off with his post-modern, dadaistic impression of an intelligent legislator as he argued in committee against net neutrality with his stunning metaphorical grasp of how the Internet works. Of course, it is all the mor

14. HeatherLeigh says:

Nice post Paul ; )

15. Paul says:

I realized I was already writing my blog, just doing it on other sites.  That made it easy.  Hope your mom likes it.

; )