Would you like to work in a fast-paced market research team that is helping to provide customer insights into key elements of Microsoft’s business? The Public Sector and Worldwide Licensing and Pricing Market Research team is looking for an experienced Research Manager to deliver insights to core partners based on research intelligence gathered through primary and secondary sources.
In this position you will have the opportunity to represent the voice of the customer to senior decision-makers in WW Public Sector and in WW Licensing and Pricing. For Public Sector, you will work across the Government (the Public Services and eGovernment, Public Safety and National Security, and Public Health and Human Services verticals) and Education industries (K-12 and Higher Education verticals). Research is used as a critical component in developing strategy.
You will be responsible for managing qualitative and quantitative projects, and integrating analyst reports to provide actionable insights to internal partners.. The research will vary from market opportunity analysis to product and concept development, messaging, deployment, customer satisfaction, and image research.
Communication skills, partnering skills, time management skills, project management skills and analytical skills are an imperative. You will need to be very pro-active and have the ability to build relationships with multiple internal partners. You must have a strong research background, in particular the ability to answer business questions by synthesizing data from multiple sources and turning it into actionable business insights. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, analytical, and technical skills are also required.
- Understanding business needs and objectives of multiple stakeholders
- Designing studies, developing RFPs and project plans to meet those needs
· Selecting and managing vendors
· Managing budgets at the project level
· Developing questionnaires/discussion guides and analytical plans
· Analyzing and summarizing results (working with vendors)
· Developing and communicating reports/presentations
· Pioneering innovative execution approaches
· Evangelizing world class execution approaches within the research group
· Integrating syndicated research for a complete primary/secondary research view
The Research Manager will report to the Business Lead for Public Sector and Worldwide Licensing and Pricing research.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of business experience with market research on the vendor or client side. Technology industry experience is desirable. An MBA or a related Master’s degree is a plus. Some travel may be required.
(please send resumes to Heather.Hamilton@microsoft.com)