Marketing with guilt…

It’s working on me. Anything with dogs works on me. We are a big fan of Kongs in our family. Suspect it’s only a matter of time before I assuage my guilt with one of these gizmos.

Of course the link came from my dad…keepin’ the guilt in the family!

1. MikeB says:

That is very cool!   I’m getting one right away!

Do you have a marketing agreement with KongToys?  =)

2. HeatherLeigh says:

If I did, why would I have to buy one? ; )

My only paycheck comes from Microsoft.

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Oh, and if you get one, please let me know how it is!

4. Tim says:

That’s a pretty clean house for that big a dog living in it, don’t you think? Not a spot of fur anywhere. Heather, how long before your dog attacks it to get the rest of the Kong toys?

5. Wine-Oh says:

My black lab’s ears just perked up when she heard the word Kong. I usually give her one with some cheese when shes being hyper or to distract her when people come over. This would be awesome to have.

6. gretchen says:

Whoa!  That’s pretty cool!  I wonder if I can set it to dispense two at a time.  I don’t want my boys to fight. 🙂

7. HeatherLeigh says:

Tim-indeed it is…even cleaner than mine and I’m a little freakish about it. Though all those things that dog is going in the living room I frequently catch Jonas doing (I have to put alarms on the furniture to keep him off and frequently wach the slobber marks off the window). I think the dog attacking it for the kongs may be fodder for the sequel. Though I wonde rif the dog knows that since it is the place from which the yummy things tumble, it is the dog’s friend. Heck, I can’t pretend to know what dogs are thinking.

Wine-Oh- I got a pamphlet on stuffing kongs. You can put in cheese and rice and put it in the microwave and then give it to the dog when it cools (obviously). Right now we do a combo of dog biscuits and peanut butter. Jonas has his own jar due to the hazzards of double-dipping.

gretchen-or you have to buy 2 machines!

8. Jonathan says:

Uh oh, I can see Kong branching out into more than just dog toys.  Fast forward to:

* Kong Baby Bottle Deluxe – put your baby’s bottles in the and based on the time you set the KBBD will send another bottle out for your babies suckling pleasure.

* Kong Beer Deluxe – got a favorite person who needs to pace their drinking?  Just put their favorite beverage, set the timer and on cue it will send out another cold one.

* other ideas that probably shouldn’t be written here.  Think business deals with the "protection" manufacturers.

* etc, etc

One question I have is how clean the floor is when that Kong hit’s the floor.  Clearly they didn’t load it with peanut butter or cheese or whatever.  If so, my testing shows a splatter rate that needs to be factored in.  Anyway, Kong’s are used at my house and my ex uses a bunch of them at the dog boarding house she owns.

Good stuff, now for that Kong Beer dispenser.

9. HeatherLeigh says:

Yeah, I think if you use peanut butter, you’d want to put it on the floor for sure. Jonathan, how come I’m imagining you in your garage trying to rig a beer kong ; )

10. tod hilton says:

That rocks Heather! Kong toys have been THE toy to have around our house forever…even my 2 year old daughter steals the kong from the dogs! 🙂

Jonathan – Kong Beer Deluxe…sign me up!

11. tod hilton says:

Oh, just had another thought…  Add a wireless NIC, speakers and a web camera to it so I can hook it up to my internet connection at home.  Then I could log in, call my dog over (instead of the alarm), make him sit nicely, dispense the kong myself (instead of automatically) and watch him enjoy it over the webcam while having a conversation with him. Maybe that’s version 2 for "techy dog lovers." 🙂

12. HeatherLeigh says:

tod-I think you have identified a nice start-up opportunity there.