This highlights to me the importance of simplicity (cute kid alert!). You can’t help but appreciate the simplicity of these pictures, when most folks would have been taking pictures with a cake, balloons and plenty of presents.

It also helps you appreciate the sweetness of that age. And makes me a little jealous that my parents never thought of this. Is it too late now for me to have a karate party? I promise not to pronouce it Kah-rah-tay.

1. That’s sheer perfection–getting all the gang together for a karate party. It should be illegal to have that much cuteness in one place!

2. Tim says:

But, hey, even I can look good if I have a professional photographer taking my pix! Admit it, that is one heck of a great photographer.

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Tim…umm, maybe ; ) let’s say that is a *great* photographer and cute kids. I think it can be both. Those kids have personality.

4. William says:

Hi Heather,

Great photographs at the karate party. Were the photographs professionally taken?

Maybe you should have you next MS team building event at this location. We did a fencing class for a past team building event and we have never worked so hard – actually the humiliation of getting beat by an 10 year old teaches you a lot.

Best Regards,

P.S. I finally have my onsite MS interview this week : )

5. HeatherLeigh says:

William-I would assume that they were taken by a professional. I can’t imagine a lay-person took those photos.

I have a feeling the karate party wasn’t in the Seattle area. I don’t really know anything about it, but it could be an interesting team building dynamic…karate chopping your co-worker ; )

6. Chris Thames says:

I do have to admit those were some awesome photographs!

Heather – LOL!! A karate party would most definitely be an invigorating and maybe even fulfilling team building dynamic! I bet some people would love to "kah-ra-tay" with some co-workers once a month. I wonder if that will even relieve tension or cause more… There should be a study done on this, but in any case I bet co-workers would be looking forward to the end of the month!

7. kg says:

Simplifying Matters

Naiveté – The state of mind of the innocent, uncontaminated by the conventions or institutionalised norms of a market place. Naiveté leads to a curiosity and a fresh view of the world… out of the mouths of babes….

"I do not know what I appear to the world, but to myself, I seem to have been only a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in, now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

– Isaac Newton

"What always made me different was the ability to ask the most childlike questions."

– Albert Einstein

8. roger says:

I hate to say it, but all of those kids look like they’re from the Village of the Damned. A good hearty steak wouldn’t kill them.