Simplicity

This highlights to me the importance of simplicity (cute kid alert!). You can’t help but appreciate the simplicity of these pictures, when most folks would have been taking pictures with a cake, balloons and plenty of presents.

It also helps you appreciate the sweetness of that age. And makes me a little jealous that my parents never thought of this. Is it too late now for me to have a karate party? I promise not to pronouce it Kah-rah-tay.

1. That’s sheer perfection–getting all the gang together for a karate party. It should be illegal to have that much cuteness in one place!

2. Tim says:

But, hey, even I can look good if I have a professional photographer taking my pix! Admit it, that is one heck of a great photographer.

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Tim…umm, maybe ; ) let’s say that is a *great* photographer and cute kids. I think it can be both. Those kids have personality.

4. William says:

Hi Heather,

Great photographs at the karate party. Were the photographs professionally taken?

Maybe you should have you next MS team building event at this location. We did a fencing class for a past team building event and we have never worked so hard – actually the humiliation of getting beat by an 10 year old teaches you a lot.

Best Regards,

William

P.S. I finally have my onsite MS interview this week : )

5. HeatherLeigh says:

William-I would assume that they were taken by a professional. I can’t imagine a lay-person took those photos.

I have a feeling the karate party wasn’t in the Seattle area. I don’t really know anything about it, but it could be an interesting team building dynamic…karate chopping your co-worker ; )

6. Chris Thames says:

I do have to admit those were some awesome photographs!

Heather – LOL!! A karate party would most definitely be an invigorating and maybe even fulfilling team building dynamic! I bet some people would love to "kah-ra-tay" with some co-workers once a month. I wonder if that will even relieve tension or cause more… There should be a study done on this, but in any case I bet co-workers would be looking forward to the end of the month!

7. kg says:

Simplifying Matters

Naiveté – The state of mind of the innocent, uncontaminated by the conventions or institutionalised norms of a market place. Naiveté leads to a curiosity and a fresh view of the world… out of the mouths of babes….

"I do not know what I appear to the world, but to myself, I seem to have been only a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in, now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

– Isaac Newton

"What always made me different was the ability to ask the most childlike questions."

– Albert Einstein

8. roger says:

I hate to say it, but all of those kids look like they’re from the Village of the Damned. A good hearty steak wouldn’t kill them.

Skip to main content