The Chinese invented pasta

We Americans….we bring you the Pasta Express. Because making pasta is so hard.

I predict this little number will be giving the chocolate fountain a run for it’s money come holiday season…what do you think? Yeah, me neither.

1. --Lisa says:

Hey. I *love* my chocolate fountain… always a big hit at parties.  Makes a mess though.  😛

2. Purvin says:

Oh cmon, I bet you pondered ordering it when you saw the infomercial.  I’ll admit I’m still wondering myself…though I guess it will probably go quite nice next to my salad shooter, foreman grill, and ginsu knives.

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Oh Lisa, we finally found one of my blog readers that has one of those. OK, I have to ask what kind of parties you use it at…..dinner parties? Are they chocolate themed parties? They are still a curiousity to me ; )

Purvin-not really. It looks more difficult to clean that just a regular old pot. I honestly don’t see the value in this one at all. But you cannot go wrong with the Foreman Grill.  I think it should be removed from the category of info-mercialesque offerings. It’s that good.

4. --Lisa says:

Hi Heather,

Well, I’ve used the fountain a couple of times since I got it last year:

1) A Test Run Chocolate Party

2) A convention hospitality suite (it was a huge hit there)

3) My yearly wine tasting (where I cook for days and days – it was also a hit there)

I’ve also had two friends borrow it for a couple of parties they’ve had.

It’s fun, but it isn’t a neccessary applicance. I, however, have a obsessive purchasing disorder regarding kitchen appliances. ("Do I really need an ice crusher / pasta maker / waffle cone maker / whatever?  Why, yes, I do believe I do.")

I’m going to the gym tonight. Be proud of me. 😉

–Lisa

5. HeatherLeigh says:

OK, that actually sounds fun. When I saw a fountain at Nordtroms (holiday hospitality room) and kids sticking their fingers in the stream, that may have scarred me for life…at least as far as the chocolate fountain concept goes. I’m having a hard time getting over that.

I used to have a similar kitchen appliance disorder. Once I had to start storing kitchen stuff in the attic, I had to stop. Because once it goes into the attic, it almost never comes down.

6. stevon.c says:

I think that italy made pasta

7. Itzallana Sanchez says:

What you wrote in "One Louder:The Chinese invented pasta" was really good you should be writting more its really intresting to read.