An answer to the question "what Microsoft teams sit in the Silicon Valley office?"

is here.

Of course I’m happy to get your resume to the recruiting team based there, if you’d like.

1. Margo says:

I don’t know if you have already covered this, but are there any Microsoft contingents in the Boston Metro or surrounding areas?

I have been interested in Microsoft ever since I first played with Windows 3.1, and would love the chance to be an employee.

2. Jeff L says:

For the respondent asking about the Boston Metro area.  You have a couple of options.  First there’s a Microsoft Technical Center (MTC) in Waltham.  It’s were clients go to proof-of-concept their work or do performance tuning, among other things.

You second option is a consulting, sales or marketing role.  If you’re technical, then you might try consulting.  The nice part about beinga consultant is that you still work for Microsoft, but you don’t have to live in Redmond.

I for example, am with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS).  Although I work for Microsoft, I live in NJ and am currently sitting at my client’s site in downtown Manhattan.

Jeff

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Thanks for jumping in Jeff. Also, our Groove division is located in Beverly.

4. Margo says:

To whom shall I send my resume to then?

I am very interested.

5. HeatherLeigh says:

You can send it to me and I’ll forward it to the appropriate recruiters. Heather.Hamilton@microsoft.com

6. Anonymous says:

Heather-

Can you talk more about MCS. Are there only tech jobs available for these types of roles? Is there a website that has these types of positions posted? I think its a great solution for those of us interested in working at Microsoft but not really looking to move to the other coast.

Thanks in advance and keep on bloggin!

7. HeatherLeigh says:

Anonymous, here are the details courtesy of my co-worker, Lisa, who recruits for MCS:

Here is the main services website http://www.microsoft.com/services/microsoftservices/default.mspx

Most of the roles fall into the deep technical, IE architecting solutions category, but we also need Engagement Managers and Services Executives that could have a sales flair to them.

Straight from the source. If you ever want me to get your resume over to Lisa, I’d be happy to!